Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

S.Claus

Expert Member
They don't want to be on anyone's naughty list.
I've had 3 interactions with Openserve this week
Tech 1. - No comment :cautious:
Tech 2. - Tried to resolve the problem but he realized he couldn't so he phoned an Openserve Engineer (think of it like facing the final boss at the beginning of the game). Got more insight into Openserves network than I'd like to admit.
Tech 3. - Installed the new ONT. Was a great experience and you can see the guy loves his job.

animal531

Expert Member
Hi @PBCool

Is there any way to investigate stability for an area? Where I live we used to maybe have an outage once every 3-6 months, but we've probably now had 5 in the last 2 weeks. Something is really messed up :(

DYreX146

Tech 2. - Tried to resolve the problem but he realized he couldn't so he phoned an Openserve Engineer (think of it like facing the final boss at the beginning of the game). Got more insight into Openserves network than I'd like to admit.
Tech 3. - Installed the new ONT. Was a great experience and you can see the guy loves his job.
Are you still having latency problems with the new line?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So is the issue resolved or not?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi @PBCool

Is there any way to investigate stability for an area? Where I live we used to maybe have an outage once every 3-6 months, but we've probably now had 5 in the last 2 weeks. Something is really messed up :(
Have you logged it with support or related to the SADV outages?

Saajid123

Hi @PBCool not sure if this is the right place, but i recently applied for the 200/200 line on Zoomfibre network and im just curious as to how long this would take to actually be up and running, my wife works from home and she needs to be connected to the internet, and my current LTE package will stop on the same day i cancel the service, I dont want to go into the next month paying for both services as the current package was the Telkom 1tb deal at R999, just want to know if there is a chance of getting connected in this month so i could cancel with them this month?