Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

netstrider

Expert Member
Hi @PBCool not sure if this is the right place, but i recently applied for the 200/200 line on Zoomfibre network and im just curious as to how long this would take to actually be up and running, my wife works from home and she needs to be connected to the internet, and my current LTE package will stop on the same day i cancel the service, I dont want to go into the next month paying for both services as the current package was the Telkom 1tb deal at R999, just want to know if there is a chance of getting connected in this month so i could cancel with them this month?
The Telkom LTE actually does not cancel immediately, I cancelled last month and still got data provisioned for this month (unless you have cancelled earlier).

I still have a bill to settle for end of April even though I cancelled in March.

linkinpark

Expert Member
@PBCool Getting intermittent loss of connectivity once again (Vuma trenched Durban North), happened about 6 times in the last 2 hours for about 10 seconds each time.
And just like the last time this issue occurred, its starting to get more and more frequent. Got it twice in the last 10 minutes
Ticket logged: #COOL-20210419-665786

EDIT: Make that 3 times in 15 minutes.
EDIT: 4 times in 17 minutes.
EDIT: 5 in 20 minutes

Last edited:

Dslartibarfast

@PBCool Getting intermittent loss of connectivity once again (Vuma trenched Durban North), happened about 6 times in the last 2 hours for about 10 seconds each time.
And just like the last time this issue occurred, its starting to get more and more frequent. Got it twice in the last 10 minutes
Ticket logged: #COOL-20210419-665786

EDIT: Make that 3 times in 15 minutes.
EDIT: 4 times in 17 minutes.
EDIT: 5 in 20 minutes
Having the same issue Vuma trenched Durban North. Having terrible latency and constant packet loss.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi @PBCool not sure if this is the right place, but i recently applied for the 200/200 line on Zoomfibre network and im just curious as to how long this would take to actually be up and running, my wife works from home and she needs to be connected to the internet, and my current LTE package will stop on the same day i cancel the service, I dont want to go into the next month paying for both services as the current package was the Telkom 1tb deal at R999, just want to know if there is a chance of getting connected in this month so i could cancel with them this month?
Do you have your application ref for me?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
We saw some brief loss on one of the KZN NLDs between 13:00 and 13:30, but has been clean since.

Please confirm?

ghostRgg

Just checked my OS CISP line in Durban, went down a few times. Full uptime since 13:30, will keep monitoring.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Just checked my OS CISP line in Durban, went down a few times. Full uptime since 13:30, will keep monitoring.
If the line is going down then it's typically not related, that's a line or area fault.

Saajid123

The Telkom LTE actually does not cancel immediately, I cancelled last month and still got data provisioned for this month (unless you have cancelled earlier).

I still have a bill to settle for end of April even though I cancelled in March.
When i had called to cancel they had told me that the service would stop immediatley but because you pay for the previous month i would incure the bill for the next month anyway, this i am fine with, i just dont want to cancel prematurely and risk being out of connection, and i dont want the connection from CISP to overlap, which means i would pay Telkom+CISP for May (unavoidable) and June ( if i dont cancel telkom this month)

ghostRgg

qwhewqhqwe.PNG
If the line is going down then it's typically not related, that's a line or area fault.
Ye I know, but I meant the actual outgoing drops to uk. Like I can see a few instances of there just being one dropped packet or something but outside of that, this is a lot of red.

EDIT: Found the problem, one of my servers decided it was time to re-sync 200GB worth of cloud backups so was killing the line. Problem was between the keyboard and chair.

Last edited:

netstrider

Expert Member
When i had called to cancel they had told me that the service would stop immediatley but because you pay for the previous month i would incure the bill for the next month anyway, this i am fine with, i just dont want to cancel prematurely and risk being out of connection, and i dont want the connection from CISP to overlap, which means i would pay Telkom+CISP for May (unavoidable) and June ( if i dont cancel telkom this month)
They put the sim on plain pre-paid mode after cancellation, so you can then buy standard bundles if you really need data and you are cut off.