Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

neoassasin

I placed an order for Vuma Reach fibre on 12 April. Vumatel called me the same day and I was told that since the fibre is not being installed in the main house it had to be changed to a line 2 installation. I have received no further feedback or calls from them to schedule installation. Any help please as the Cool Ideas call centre keep sending emails to Vumatel but receive no feedback.

Jaseyyxx

I placed an order for Vuma Reach fibre on 12 April. Vumatel called me the same day and I was told that since the fibre is not being installed in the main house it had to be changed to a line 2 installation. I have received no further feedback or calls from them to schedule installation. Any help please as the Cool Ideas call centre keep sending emails to Vumatel but receive no feedback.
They'll have to come out and check if there is extra fibre available for the line 2 installation. Vuma gives 1 fibre per property so you'll only get installed if there's extra capacity. Happened to my cousin but luckily there was extra capacity

Saajid123

Have requested the relevant department to follow up on this for you
Thank you @CoolChick and @PBCool I was contacted by someone from cool ideas said that they will get zoomfibre to contact me for the installation, that was the same point the ticket was at anyway.

Just hoping that there is anything you guys could do to help me speed up the process

Regards

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
What's your application ref so I can escalate?

CrypticZA

Expert Member
@PBCool Just wanted to find out if you managed to find any info around handling Google traffic like AWS?

Been seeing packet loss on Googles network here and there the last week or two when connecting to Google Apex servers, so wanting to check if it continues if there is an alternative.

Apex seems to assign you a region now instead of a particular server so .e.g you choose London you could be put on London/Amsterdam/Frankfurt or Belgium so there is kind of no avoiding it unless you choose another region e.g North America.

The issues are not very often but just seeing if their is an alternative if things continue like that.

And for anyone wanting to comment "it might be your line" as soon as i use Cloudflares Warp which handles the traffic different there is no loss - Cloudflare have also changed the routes quite a few times now and the ping via their network goes from about 170 to 151 which would be via WACS.

Snow11

I guess the question has been asked, but are you planning to adopt the changed MFN announced?

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
@PBCool Just wanted to find out if you managed to find any info around handling Google traffic like AWS?

Been seeing packet loss on Googles network here and there the last week or two when connecting to Google Apex servers, so wanting to check if it continues if there is an alternative.

Apex seems to assign you a region now instead of a particular server so .e.g you choose London you could be put on London/Amsterdam/Frankfurt or Belgium so there is kind of no avoiding it unless you choose another region e.g North America.

The issues are not very often but just seeing if their is an alternative if things continue like that.

And for anyone wanting to comment "it might be your line" as soon as i use Cloudflares Warp which handles the traffic different there is no loss - Cloudflare have also changed the routes quite a few times now and the ping via their network goes from about 170 to 151 which would be via WACS.
Yeah. Google has been a pain in the ass lately and most people think that its me and not google. Welcome to Club. :popcorn:

Saajid123

Have requested the relevant department to follow up on this for you
Thank you @CoolChick and @PBCool I called Zoom this morning and they had received the order to do the installation, and it is booked for thursday :) , on a side notecan you tell me if its possible to use my existing Huawei b525 router that i use for LTE for the fibre?

CoolChick

Cool Ideas Rep
Company Rep
Thank you @CoolChick and @PBCool I called Zoom this morning and they had received the order to do the installation, and it is booked for thursday :) , on a side notecan you tell me if its possible to use my existing Huawei b525 router that i use for LTE for the fibre?

I see it does have a WAN port which indicates that it is capable of using fibre. Once the line has been activated and your pppoe details have been generated, you can then reconfigure your router using those credentials.