Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
They can't even provide my work with 50/50... so i rate you probably getting scammed on the 1G part haha

No, it's pretty good actually. It's just "slow" with anything that has to go through JHB.

My speeds to London and Amsterdam are faster than my speeds to JHB.

CrypticZA

Expert Member
No, it's pretty good actually. It's just "slow" with anything that has to go through JHB.

My speeds to London and Amsterdam are faster than my speeds to JHB.
Ah i see, you are rathe fortunate then in town Octotel is uh questionable haha, i only know one person on them and they have a 200meg only i think, they in West Beach

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Anyone else seeing packet loss from London tonight? Had to hop on VPN it was so bad...

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Graphs are all clean, did you manage to run a trace at all?
Yea I caught it towards the end it seems was small brief period where there was some packet loss, was coming from the two hops in London, was on and off for about 15 to 20 minutes. I didn't save the mtr since I just went and played a local game

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Yea I caught it towards the end it seems was small brief period where there was some packet loss, was coming from the two hops in London, was on and off for about 15 to 20 minutes. I didn't save the mtr since I just went and played a local game

Can corroborate your experience - was on my mobile and too lazy to go and run an MTR but there was definitely packet loss to UK based sites around the time you posted yesterday.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Traffic seems to be recovering, no feedback from Vumatel or AEx as yet

RiNCEw1ND

Mine is good again too. Vuma trenched east rand. Was very brief!

But did mean I missed an important piece of WoW loot. Curse you Vuma! ;)