Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 4

Soul Assassin

Honorary Master
I'm trying to setup the test VPN via Softether, but I'm not doing something right.

What should the virtual hub name be? If any? Because if I don't specify anything there, then the "OK" button is not clickable.

I do specify the hostname as well as the username correctly though :unsure:

StoneCold

Expert Member
Thanks a lot, that did the trick :cool:

Took the VPN for a quick spin for a match of Ground War in MW 2019. Have to say the matchmaking was basically instantaneous and had a solid latency of 176-180ms for the entire match. It's an improvement with what I normally get without the VPN (180-196ms). Keep in mind I live in Bloem, so I will have some added latency compared to my fellow Jhb and Cpt CISP subscribers.

But I'll test some other games too, but overall, a solid experience from what I've seen so far :)

Last edited:

TheRoDent

Cool Ideas Rep
I'm trying to setup the test VPN via Softether, but I'm not doing something right.

What should the virtual hub name be? If any? Because if I don't specify anything there, then the "OK" button is not clickable.

I do specify the hostname as well as the username correctly though :unsure:
You can use "DEFAULT" for the virtual hubname.

Praeses

Expert Member
Anybody else not getting full speeds on their lines?

I'm on 100/100 with frogfoot in Bloem - only getting 50/25 with a local mutlithreaded speedtest to CISP's server.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Internet just drop for anyone else?

23h34

Frogfoot Trenched
100/100

Pinelands
Cape Town

Markd

Expert Member
Yes, yesterday and today there have been noticeable drops. Also dropped in Blouberg Cape Town on Octotel. We've gone from a nice stable period of connectivity, to multiple drops a day again....

ZANAIDOC

Internet died sometime last night on the MFN network , anyone else ?
All ONT lights are on , router also reset
Tongaat Beach area 100/100

#COOL-20210513-682262

Frogfoot Fibre

Frogfoot Fibre Rep
Company Rep
Hi, our technicians are working with the ISPs directly to resolve this issue. They are attending with urgency, no ETR has been advised as yet. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

furpile

Expert Member
Multiple connection failures on the Vodacom network in Richards Bay the last few days. Already had 3 or 4 today. Multiple people in the area reported the same issues. Call logged #COOL-20210513-682649.

1620908285348.png

linkinpark

Expert Member
Intermittent loss of connectivity in Durban North Vuma Trenched

EDIT: Currently only able to browse local sites, international completely dead

EDIT: Working now

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Intermittent loss of connectivity in Durban North Vuma Trenched

EDIT: Currently only able to browse local sites, international completely dead

EDIT: Working now
Primary path dropped , have logged with our carrier.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi Paul,

I just want to provide you with an quick update. We continue to investigate this with our Backbone Operations, as we have multiple paths from South Africa into Europe, to see if we can optimize the path the traffic is taking to ensure the lowest latency possible.

Just an update*

CrypticZA

Expert Member
Hi Paul,

I just want to provide you with an quick update. We continue to investigate this with our Backbone Operations, as we have multiple paths from South Africa into Europe, to see if we can optimize the path the traffic is taking to ensure the lowest latency possible.

Just an update*
1620922125368.png
Well if they did something... tell them to leave things how it is because 157ms to Frankfurt is spot on

Praeses

Expert Member
Hi, our technicians are working with the ISPs directly to resolve this issue. They are attending with urgency, no ETR has been advised as yet. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
Would this be the reason for my low throughput in BFN?

Last edited: