Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still down here in Somerset West, Openserve trenched too. 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 does not work for me.
Tried OpenDNS and ControlD's servers as well

We are aware of an outage in Rondebosch, and Rosebank, which has affected CISP DNS, as well as authentication services.

Rosebank has recovered, and tech's are en-route to check on Rondebosch. CPT local traffic may follow international paths until resolved.

MTU size is at 1480 at the moment, will bump it down to 1450 and see if that helps. Was never an issue previously
maybe triggered due to the current outage issue we had? I belief some tried 1400 to see if they get connection.

maybe triggered due to the current outage issue we had? I belief some tried 1400 to see if they get connection.
Trying that now as well to see if I get connection. If not then things are more borked than I thought

Have logged a ticket, but around 13:00, my latency went from 3 to 28 Ms, and my up and down speed has gone down to 80/40 Mbps.. Parklands\Sunningdale Area Cape Town?

All my devices are able to connect to wifi (Vumatel), but I do not get internet access on two of my phones (one other phone works fine). I have tried rebooting the phones, rebooting the router and even factory resetting the router, but the issue persists.

#COOL-20231224-1590349​

Please assist.

If you have internet don't restart your router till this resolved , had only dns issues but restarted router now not getting a ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back