Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunted

Hi all,

Vumatel is busy installing Fibre by my home and I was considering making use of Cool Ideas, however it appears of late that some people are experiencing issues on the CISP network of late.

The CellC sales guy stopped at my home to sell their service and made the following statement.

They pay for the full installation from curb to in your preferred location in the house. No Distance limit, which is apparently a limit on some FISPs.

Is this the case with CISP?

Things that is important to myself.

Ability to stream live TV
Online Gaming* Local and abroad <-PUBG (Low pings)
Youtube
Occasional Torrents downloads and so forth.

Looking at getting 100/100 uncapped.

ghostR

Executive Member
Hi all,

Vumatel is busy installing Fibre by my home and I was considering making use of Cool Ideas, however it appears of late that some people are experiencing issues on the CISP network of late.

The CellC sales guy stopped at my home to sell their service and made the following statement.

They pay for the full installation from curb to in your preferred location in the house. No Distance limit, which is apparently a limit on some FISPs.

Youtube

Not sure who's been experiencing issues as a result of the CISP network that's not an underlying fibre provider issue :erm:

However, Cool Ideas only cover the ISP Activation portion on Vuma. You would have to pay Vuma for your installation - Personally I've found that some ISPs will cover the installation as well with claw back in their t&cs if you cancel before 12/24 months etc which sucks when you realize said ISPs have terrible networks.

Last edited:

Bedford

Hi all,

Youtube

In my experience so far, CISP has been awesome! I get full 50/50 local/international and have never seen any shaping or limiting in anyway. 9/10 the issues I have had has been infrastructure (so Vuma) and not CISP.

Only thing I could fault, is better proactive outage reporting. But I know this is something they are working on.

conman77

In my experience so far, CISP has been awesome! I get full 50/50 local/international and have never seen any shaping or limiting in anyway. 9/10 the issues I have had has been infrastructure (so Vuma) and not CISP.

Only thing I could fault, is better proactive outage reporting. But I know this is something they are working on.

I have been with CoolIdeas since fibre at home became available and they are absolutely fantastic. on a 200/200 and fantastic performance.

Jan99

Hi,

I have only been a CISP client for 4 days, and I am very happy with the linespeed (awesome!!!) and the fibre part of the service.

I have however logged a ticket requesting information around the VOIP proposal two days ago and how to activate this service, with no response yet. What is the normal response time for tickets or am I just expecting too much after getting signed up and activated within minutes on the fibre package?

Yster21

Hi all,

Youtube

There have been surveys on the "Best Fibre ISPs" on myBB twice now, possibly even more. CI scored the highest. Each ISP had separate ratings for Value for Money, Network Quality and Support and Billing, before an average was calculated. I believe each of those to be very important. Here's the link: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/229951-best-adsl-and-fibre-isps-in-south-africa.html

The only spot where there seems to be some issues, is in the Support. I would rate Support nearly 10/10, because I can come here, post in this thread, and PBCool would assist even at 8pm on a Sunday evening - I'm not sure where else you'll get that kind of assistance! On the other hand, if you don't post here, it seems the support tickets go into a black hole. My neighbour is pulling out his hair with how bad the support has been from CI. I had to escalate his tickets here by sending a PM to PBCool before something started happening.

F1ve_Claw

Expert Member
Quick question: Would it be possible to up the speed for a month, say over December, and then downgrade again when that month is over?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,

I have only been a CISP client for 4 days, and I am very happy with the linespeed (awesome!!!) and the fibre part of the service.

I have however logged a ticket requesting information around the VOIP proposal two days ago and how to activate this service, with no response yet. What is the normal response time for tickets or am I just expecting too much after getting signed up and activated within minutes on the fibre package?
We aim for 24hrs and then it gets escalated.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
There have been surveys on the "Best Fibre ISPs" on myBB twice now, possibly even more. CI scored the highest. Each ISP had separate ratings for Value for Money, Network Quality and Support and Billing, before an average was calculated. I believe each of those to be very important. Here's the link: https://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/229951-best-adsl-and-fibre-isps-in-south-africa.html

The only spot where there seems to be some issues, is in the Support. I would rate Support nearly 10/10, because I can come here, post in this thread, and PBCool would assist even at 8pm on a Sunday evening - I'm not sure where else you'll get that kind of assistance! On the other hand, if you don't post here, it seems the support tickets go into a black hole. My neighbour is pulling out his hair with how bad the support has been from CI. I had to escalate his tickets here by sending a PM to PBCool before something started happening.
Yeah it is always something we are working on and try to have channels like this one to escalate directly to directors should customers not succeed with regular support channels, we are currently employing 3 people a month on the support side. Most of the delays at the moment are from the fibre provider side.

Hunted

Many thanks for the feedback.. appreciate it

Cool ideas it is then.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,

Please PM me your ticket?

Saano21

@PBCool

Could you please be so kind to get me up and running .
I have applied for 20/20 fibre service with Vumtel (WebSignUp_20170808081247454 ) and on you website (Ticket ID: COOL-20170919-37814 ) on the 14th of September 2017.

Britelink installed my Vumatel fibre line on the 17/10/2017 and the PON light turned to a solid green light on the 18/10/2017.
The Vumatel Portal shows that my status is " Pending ISP Activation " . New ticket ID: #COOL-20171019-46699 .

PM also sent

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool

Could you please be so kind to get me up and running .
I have applied for 20/20 fibre service with Vumtel (WebSignUp_20170808081247454 ) and on you website (Ticket ID: COOL-20170919-37814 ) on the 14th of September 2017.

Britelink installed my Vumatel fibre line on the 17/10/2017 and the PON light turned to a solid green light on the 18/10/2017.
The Vumatel Portal shows that my status is " Pending ISP Activation " . New ticket ID: #COOL-20171019-46699 .

PM also sent

Yeap replied to your mail and PM, it's been forwarded to our support manager for you.

ConfusedGoat

I am on Century City Connect/Frogfoot and my internet has been dead since 11pm on Tuesday.
Support has told me that the fiber provider is working on my line and it can take up to 48 hours and will let me know when they know more.
However all the lights on the Mikrotic modem are off does that not mean my modem is faulty and not my line?

Ticket is #COOL-20171018-46342

Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I am on Century City Connect/Frogfoot and my internet has been dead since 11pm on Tuesday.
Support has told me that the fiber provider is working on my line and it can take up to 48 hours and will let me know when they know more.
However all the lights on the Mikrotic modem are off does that not mean my modem is faulty and not my line?

Ticket is #COOL-20171018-46342

Any help in getting this resolved would be appreciated.
So they use the Mikrotik as a CPE so no lights at all? I will have it escalated for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.