Status
Not open for further replies.

John Tempus

Executive Member
ping and speed is back to normal. Was worried it might be actual congestion starting to show its ugly face but being fixed so suddenly suggest it was a backhaul issue they must have been working to resolve.

PBCool can you confirm anything from vumatel ?

Neet

Having rather bad luck with international last couple days, if not longer, where some steam trailer videos wont work for example, seems to be time dependent as well on vumatel trenched, been with Cisp for over 1.5years now, never been this erratic any advice would be great/assistance.

Now I do get periods where twitch.tv would stream at source quality between 5000kbps to 9000kbps with no issues at all. for hours at a time with no cuts. mostly during early morning or late night.

If I could get an answer if its vumatel or not, as it appears I'm the only having this issue as I have tested on several other CISP and non cisp connections yielding much more stable results, suggesting its my network however with multiple new IP's assigned bypassing my entire network(routers+switches, different computers/devices entirely, plugging directly into a cpe with laptops etc...) for testing purposes to no avail.

example of twitch being erratic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SwMU1YbFw

seems like TCP traffic is being deprioritised or not nearly as stable?
http://puu.sh/z1PlB/1299cc6204.jpg

Currently have support ticket open(3rd Jan) but.... nothing appears to helping new ip, mtu changes...nothing. I feel this needs an escalation as this might not be entirely Cisp's issues.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
ping and speed is back to normal. Was worried it might be actual congestion starting to show its ugly face but being fixed so suddenly suggest it was a backhaul issue they must have been working to resolve.

Still waiting on feedback as to what happened :(

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Having rather bad luck with international last couple days, if not longer, where some steam trailer videos wont work for example, seems to be time dependent as well on vumatel trenched, been with Cisp for over 1.5years now, never been this erratic any advice would be great/assistance.

Now I do get periods where twitch.tv would stream at source quality between 5000kbps to 9000kbps with no issues at all. for hours at a time with no cuts. mostly during early morning or late night.

If I could get an answer if its vumatel or not, as it appears I'm the only having this issue as I have tested on several other CISP and non cisp connections yielding much more stable results, suggesting its my network however with multiple new IP's assigned bypassing my entire network(routers+switches, different computers/devices entirely, plugging directly into a cpe with laptops etc...) for testing purposes to no avail.

example of twitch being erratic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0SwMU1YbFw

seems like TCP traffic is being deprioritised or not nearly as stable?
http://puu.sh/z1PlB/1299cc6204.jpg

Currently have support ticket open(3rd Jan) but.... nothing appears to helping new ip, mtu changes...nothing. I feel this needs an escalation as this might not be entirely Cisp's issues.
Cool will have a look for you, will you PM me your ticket number?

Last edited:

warwickw

Expert Member
Roodekrans and Helderkruin clients look to be down currently, 3 sites confirmed all on Cool Ideas.

Vumatel is up, however not getting PPPOE connection currently. PPPOE scan from the Mikrotik doesnt show any PPPOE servers like it normally does.

bHOLDher

Roodekrans and Helderkruin clients look to be down currently, 3 sites confirmed all on Cool Ideas.

Vumatel is up, however not getting PPPOE connection currently. PPPOE scan from the Mikrotik doesnt show any PPPOE servers like it normally does.

Me too :(

Saano21

Looks like I am also down ( Helderkruin Area ). Wife just called now asking if I turned the Internet off

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

So Vumatel are reaching capacity on their router in Cape Town, this may continue for a week or two whilst they wait for hardware to arrive unfortunately.

Sunday evenings being the peak time for home network traffic is when you will feel the impact the most, and it obviously applies to all ISPs.

Tinuva

The Magician
So Vumatel are reaching capacity on their router in Cape Town, this may continue for a week or two whilst they wait for hardware to arrive unfortunately.

Sunday evenings being the peak time for home network traffic is when you will feel the impact the most, and it obviously applies to all ISPs.

Thank you for the feedback. So not congestion on links, but on a router cpu :(

At least they will upgrade so thats good news.

DTBA

Expert Member
Yeap, sadly went through the same thing in JHB.

Is this something they can't see coming?

If you get close to 100% or lets say 90% don't you order hardware. I am asking as a person with no insight in this matter why must it be at 99% before people start jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.