Status
Not open for further replies.

jvrs

If one does a pre-order on Vumatel's site, does it affect the way they rollout and which streets they targeting first ?

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
If one does a pre-order on Vumatel's site, does it affect the way they rollout and which streets they targeting first ?

Probably not to be honest, planning is done waaay ahead of time and Vuma already knows which streets to do first to optimise costs.

phuma

Yes. Man down, nothing. Can't get to my smokeping graphs right now, but will post later.

air

Expert Member
wife just contacted me, fibre - Vumatel-Trenched down in Gardens/Cape Town

ScorpioZA

So I am looking to use Cool Ideas as my ISP, fibre getting installed thursday morning (Vumatel), can I start using it without the router or do I have to wait for it to ship? How long does it usually take? I am based in Bellville, Cape Town.

Thanks!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So I am looking to use Cool Ideas as my ISP, fibre getting installed thursday morning (Vumatel), can I start using it without the router or do I have to wait for it to ship? How long does it usually take? I am based in Bellville, Cape Town.

Thanks!

If it's Vumatel trenched you can start using it immediately.

Ripstorm

Maybe a stupid question. but if I go with CoolIdeas (100/100 package) and I opt out of a router (have my own router), do I get a sort of a kickback?

Thanks

Re83L

Expert Member
Just a suggestion to Cool Ideas:

We're having our house renovated from mid Feb till end of June.
I submitted a ticket asking whether I can have my account frozen or suspended for the duration as we won't be living there while renovations happen.

The reply was that I'd have to cancel my service and sign up again in July, but also that I'd have to pay R999 in July as Cool Ideas only waive the connection fee once per address per client.

That will make me consider my options in July, even though I'm a very happy CISP client.

Tinuva

The Magician
Just a suggestion to Cool Ideas:

We're having our house renovated from mid Feb till end of June.
I submitted a ticket asking whether I can have my account frozen or suspended for the duration as we won't be living there while renovations happen.

The reply was that I'd have to cancel my service and sign up again in July, but also that I'd have to pay R999 in July as Cool Ideas only waive the connection fee once per address per client.

That will make me consider my options in July, even though I'm a very happy CISP client.

Strange that there is another installation fee. Technically the installation fee should only happen once per address, considering they only came out the 1st time to put in the fibre from the street into your house...unless you moving the fibre in your house.

Status
Not open for further replies.