Robindale Vumatel/cool ideas 100/10

to vumatel 100/10 1ms
to cool ideas 100/10 1ms

To Anywhere else just about nothing
International absolutely nothing

????

daelm

Expert Member
same for me. comes and goes erratically. been doing it since Saturday. CI agent on the phone told me that there are no reports of failures other than mine.

edit: my issue includes patchy local connectivity and wholly erratic international.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Can you let me know which areas you are experiencing issues so I can try narrow this down? Are you still having the issue?

xefor

Connection Dropping in Gallo Manor. International and Local. I did see a bunch of Fibre People working on Bowling road earlier. (Vumatel

Edit: Seems to be okay now

Last edited:

ScrooV

Seems stable at the moment - was a nightmare from 4-5pm. Hopefully a once off anomaly.

bHOLDher

I know about this and tried messing around with it before. Setting it to disabled dropped the speeds to around 14/3. I had it on experimental and the speeds I mentioned previously was what I was getting. Setting it to normal gets the same speeds as experimental. Still way different compared to on the phone.

I have spent a bizarre amount of hours researching this too. Freakishly Edge browser gets pretty good speeds, at least one of the two, just downloads, or just uploads, can't remember. This made me think that the WinSock default buffer sizes may be to blame. I have also found that fiddling with MTU settings seem to improve speedtests. Android speedtests are also a lot better than windows, so I tried booting into Linux and testing, strangely that was worse than windows. I think a huge problem is that the speedtest runs either 2 threads or 4 depending on the browser and server combination, and I suspect the mobile apps don't even run on http at all. I don't know man. It sucks being on the wrong side of the world with fast internet.

rash1233

I have spent a bizarre amount of hours researching this too. Freakishly Edge browser gets pretty good speeds, at least one of the two, just downloads, or just uploads, can't remember. This made me think that the WinSock default buffer sizes may be to blame. I have also found that fiddling with MTU settings seem to improve speedtests. Android speedtests are also a lot better than windows, so I tried booting into Linux and testing, strangely that was worse than windows. I think a huge problem is that the speedtest runs either 2 threads or 4 depending on the browser and server combination, and I suspect the mobile apps don't even run on http at all. I don't know man. It sucks being on the wrong side of the world with fast internet.

Damn man, definitely does suck. Like I can live with the download speeds I'm getting (kind of, twitch sometimes buffers at source) but the uploads are a bit of a pain. Also for some reason my edge isn't loading anything so I couldn't even test it.

Hope we can come up with some sort of solution, I'm really not sure why the mobile protocols are working better than the pc ones.

David

@PBcool, please help, not getting anywhere with support guys. We had a 200meg line but since their was a mixup earlier this year with someone else's ONT and we were down for a entire week, then it was resolved but ever since then the line speed has been fixed at 100Mbps.

I am an IT professional so I have done all the tests required, direct PPPOE dialup via notebook to port 1 on ONT etc.....

Please help, I am sure its just a quick call to REFLEX to get them to fix the config on the ONT. Please help. We have paid faithfully every month since it was installed. (For a 200meg line)
Current Ticket details: #COOL-20180326-88835 created by Melissa Athimulam

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBcool, please help, not getting anywhere with support guys. We had a 200meg line but since their was a mixup earlier this year with someone else's ONT and we were down for a entire week, then it was resolved but ever since then the line speed has been fixed at 100Mbps.

I am an IT professional so I have done all the tests required, direct PPPOE dialup via notebook to port 1 on ONT etc.....

Please help, I am sure its just a quick call to REFLEX to get them to fix the config on the ONT. Please help. We have paid faithfully every month since it was installed. (For a 200meg line)
Current Ticket details: #COOL-20180326-88835 created by Melissa Athimulam

Sure will get on it for you, dropped you a PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.