Status
Not open for further replies.

zx14

Rock solid since CI sorted out TTConnect.

VOIP quality is great as well.

Happy camper.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Rock solid since CI sorted out TTConnect.

VOIP quality is great as well.

Happy camper.

Great, we are scheduling an NNI upgrade soon enough with them, so hopefully all progress.

Zodiak

PCCool, the issues in North Riding are back, now the connection keeps dropping over the past hour and reconnecting, getting half the speed and unstable. Got an email from your support earlier to tell me that Evotel reconfigured my ONT, it appears to be worse now and unstable.

Johand

Expert Member
Hi @PBCool - one of my colleages are in a FrogFoot deployment area (Bergvliet in Cape Town) and has been shopping around for an ISP. I wanted to recommend CI but for some reason the FrogFoot website doesn't list Cool Ideas as available in Bergvliet -- does FrogFoot have an area by area ISP policy? Or is it simply a gremlin on their website?

Zodiak

Connection still stalling and dropping every couple of minutes, can't even watch YouTube tonight at all.... I actually want a refund for my fees this month because I am honestly not sure what I'm paying for in March

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
PCCool, the issues in North Riding are back, now the connection keeps dropping over the past hour and reconnecting, getting half the speed and unstable. Got an email from your support earlier to tell me that Evotel reconfigured my ONT, it appears to be worse now and unstable.
PM me your account name, this sounds more like a provisioning issue not a backhaul issue.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi @PBCool - one of my colleages are in a FrogFoot deployment area (Bergvliet in Cape Town) and has been shopping around for an ISP. I wanted to recommend CI but for some reason the FrogFoot website doesn't list Cool Ideas as available in Bergvliet -- does FrogFoot have an area by area ISP policy? Or is it simply a gremlin on their website?
Nah shouldn't be the case, I will have the connect team look into it. Thanks for the headsup.

Bedford

Connection still stalling and dropping every couple of minutes, can't even watch YouTube tonight at all.... I actually want a refund for my fees this month because I am honestly not sure what I'm paying for in March

Had the same issues last night. But I noticed that the LOS light (red) came on when this happened. So I suspect they were doing something on the network last night. PB is it possible just to confirm if they were working on the area and if possible to send comms when they plan to do future maintenance?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep

This should be sorted out btw.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Had the same issues last night. But I noticed that the LOS light (red) came on when this happened. So I suspect they were doing something on the network last night. PB is it possible just to confirm if they were working on the area and if possible to send comms when they plan to do future maintenance?

No notices from them, it's possible they were working on your OLT card or just your fibre string. We have asked for better comms already as currently it's terrible.

jannier

Expert Member
Hi,
@PBCool,

I was able to do some speed tests from my CPE to the Cape Town ISP Handover point on the VUMA network and I notice my upload speed is all over the place averaging 145Mbps.
Tested with PC linked with Ethernet cable and WiFi disable so no exterior resources using the line at time of testing.

Here are some results I did a few minutes apart.

720951313.png

720951500.png

720951585.png

720951643.png

720951753.png

So is this an issue with the VUMA network?

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hi,
@PBCool,

I was able to do some speed tests from my CPE to the Cape Town ISP Handover point on the VUMA network and I notice my upload speed is all over the place averaging 145Mbps.
Tested with PC linked with Ethernet cable and WiFi disable so no exterior resources using the line at time of testing.

Here are some results I did a few minutes apart.

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720951313.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720951500.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720951585.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720951643.png

http://netgauge.ookla.com/share/720951753.png

So is this an issue with the VUMA network?
It depends, have you tried with multiple devices? And other local servers to compare?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
nope just PC connected.
What do you suggest?

Pc is connected with Ethernet to CPE via TP-Link Archer C2
I would suggest try another device that can cable in and other local servers to compare :)

jannier

Expert Member
I would suggest try another device that can cable in and other local servers to compare :)

OK I will try with my Laptop direct to CPE next.
From my PC to local servers the jumps around between 140 - 170+Mbps
Download is solid 210Mbps

To the Vumatel handof to ISP it averages 145Mbps, but it has ocasions that is jumps to nearly 200Mbps

720954112.png

Now on Windows 10 Task Manager under performance tab/ Ethernet you can watch the throughput.
Download peaks and stay solid at 217Mbps, but the upload graph is all over the place.

Vuma Handoff to ISP
Vuma.JPG

Interworks Cape Town
Interworks.JPG

jannier

Expert Member
From Laptop

720954956.png
vuma.JPG

720955093.png
vuma1.JPG
vuma2.JPG

Interworks Cape Town
7184768549.png

inter.JPG

7184773556.png

jannier

Expert Member
inter1.JPG

So you can see the upload graphs are all over the place.

Last edited:

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
But you are getting different results between PCs, you need to remember you are connecting to a server vs your home PC generating that kind of traffic. Those results look pretty normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.