Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Looks like Vumatel trenched.

Hop 2 is on the Vumatel network before it hits the ISPs network at hop 3. There is a chance there is something wrong with your line or the port from your router to the ONT.

I would still suggest moving to CISP and then have CISP support work with Vumatel to sort out your issue. Alternatively you can try the WA support and get the line issue sorted.

I'm testing today by plugging directly into CPE device on my wall. Could be the router.

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Remember to ask CISP to release the router's mac address...

Why ? I'm not using any CISP accounts. WA on top of Vumatel.

Vumatel support said I should plug in directly to the CPE, bypassing WA's router to try and see where issue lies. I haven't been able to do that yet. Sorting that today with the help of one of my techies.

PS. Can someone point me to the WA/Vumatel Fiber thread? I've searched, but....
I don't want to do this here as this is not the thread for it.

Last edited:

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Sorry..
WA then. You're only allowed one Mac address attached to the cpe. It needs to be reset by the isp if you change device

DJZassie

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] I just want to say a massive thank you for hosting the Twitch Relay!

I'v never had so many compliments on the quality and stability of my stream! The relay worked like a boss last night in my 3 and a half hour test! Absolutely fantastic! Not 1 dropped frame from my end!

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] I just want to say a massive thank you for hosting the Twitch Relay!

I'v never had so many compliments on the quality and stability of my stream! The relay worked like a boss last night in my 3 and a half hour test! Absolutely fantastic! Not 1 dropped frame from my end!

Amazing what a linux network stack can do :).

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Surely the windows stack can be tuned to give more optimal performance?

You would think, but this has been attempted at length, it's only on the outbound side that seems to suffer, Windows is mostly geared towards one way traffic which is inbound at the moment.

EasyUp Web Hosting

EasyUp Web Hosting
Company Rep
So twitch.cisp.co.za points to live-lhr.twitch.tv via RTMP default port, give it a go and let me know.

throwing away a competitive advantage :D

Some of us can't get CISP as ISP, so this would help us as well.

I have been using restream.io on my connection and also never had any dropped frames. Local server does make more sense though.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Some of us can't get CISP as ISP, so this would help us as well.

I have been using restream.io on my connection and also never had any dropped frames. Local server does make more sense though.

No fibre available or on a closed network?

jannier

Expert Member
Ok well hopefully not for too long :)

I read over the weekend that Vodacom Fibre is planning or in the process of going open access and also that Vodacom and Remgro are both bidding or in discussions to buy Vumatel!

Sharpies

I read in a previous thread that SADV is considering moving into Brackenhurst, Alberton but I can't seem to get any updated info on that, does anybody here know about it? Since Cool Ideas are using them I'm hoping you could have some updated info on that.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
I read over the weekend that Vodacom Fibre is planning or in the process of going open access and also that Vodacom and Remgro are both bidding or in discussions to buy Vumatel!

I have a mail from Vodacom in June 2017 stating they were planning on the open access model to go live in July 2017. Regarding the rest of it who knows.

Last edited:

Bedford

Hey PB,

I am trying to make a payment. But i cant see the banking details anywhere on the invoice or my portal. Can my account be auto-debited for the outstanding amount?

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Hey PB,

I am trying to make a payment. But i cant see the banking details anywhere on the invoice or my portal. Can my account be auto-debited for the outstanding amount?
Which payment option did you select? If debit order you will be debited, if Payfast you should have a link.

Bedford

I have a debit order, but when i queried it they said i must pay. So super confused lol. But i will follow up again tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.