Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan9

Executive Member
Finally got an installation date for Monday from frogfoot.
What needs to happen from my side after they finish on Monday?

Already have an asus ac5300 router so won't need to wait for a router.

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] : Can you advise on my question above.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] : Can you advise on my question above.
Whoops sorry missed that, basically Frogfoot still need to configure the line once its installed, they then let us know once that is done and we issue you an account. We can try give you a test account but it's usually a waste of time.

stefan9

Executive Member
Whoops sorry missed that, basically Frogfoot still need to configure the line once its installed, they then let us know once that is done and we issue you an account. We can try give you a test account but it's usually a waste of time.

Thanx PB. Will see how it goes Monday. At least I know where to go if I get stuck.

Jordan_Za

Hi [MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION],

I did a bad thing, and deleted my BF1 folder, I'm trying to pull it down again through Origin, and the speeds aren't great. (20mbps)
I've tried forcing Origin to local Akamai in the config, and I got line speed for about 10mins, and now its hovering around 40-50Mbps.
I know EA in general are rubbish, but surely if it is using local Akamai I should get line speed?

Speed tests are 100s.

MTR:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| 192.168.10.1 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| u5q-cust.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 |
| 154.0.4.125 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 1 | 1 | 3 | 2 |
| 154.0.4.5 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 10 |
| 154.0.4.53 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 11 |
| c35-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 11 | 11 |
| cu-backbone.coolideas.co.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 12 | 11 |
| google.jinx.net.za - 0 | 23 | 23 | 11 | 11 | 13 | 11 |
| 72.14.239.33 - 0 | 23 | 23 | 11 | 11 | 13 | 11 |
| google-public-dns-a.google.com - 0 | 23 | 23 | 10 | 10 | 12 | 10

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Was referring to watching, thanks for letting me know.

Well i generally am able to watch twitch no matter what but yeah by changing the DNS it seems to help alot as it rather uses 5 hops vs 13 hops if i use the cloudflare DNS. CISP is the best there is otherwise go with them if you havent already i just hope they keep buying capacity as they grow and never sell out like A did.

VegOtter

Hi [MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION]

Wondering if you could maybe assist with a ticket I currently have open with regards to terrible lag spikes which appear as rubber banding in game. I recently moved from Axxess to Coolideas as part of the OpenServe promotion and never really had these issues with Axxess.

This is in pretty much any game, from Rocket League, CS: GO, Overwatch, PUBG (worst).

Ticket: COOL-20180614-112363

I included trace routes in tickets and highlighted the spikes.

Appreciate the assist.

DERoestorf

Then MTU shouldnt really matter, but we can try bypassing the router, from there we need to check for packet loss, which is usually the case when local works fine and international doesn't.

Hi, I have the following router that I am using. Not sure if it makes any difference.

Netgear N600
WiFi DSL Modem Router
802.11n Dual Band Gigabit

Fast DSL. Dual Band WiFi. One Less Box.
Now you can have fast Internet and fast WiFi all-in-one. With an integrated DSL modem you won’t need a separate modem from your service provider. N600 dual band WiFi helps keep your video streaming uninterupted. Setup and control is ultra-easy using NETGEAR genie.

Model: DGND3700

gmathews

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] Dropped you a mail for Tuscany Village (SADV) in Rustenburg. Site is live, handed to operations. SADV Operations reckoned they will proceed to install next week. I've signed up with you already on 18 May, please assure synching up CPE install with Router. Telisha has my details.

Thank you.

feo

Honorary Master
Hi all

Just wanted to find out something regarding the OpenServe fibre network.

Are there any CISP customers here in the Pretoria West area having speed issues?

I'm with another ISP for the moment and I'm troubleshooting some issues and found that the line goes to cr@p between 12pm and 12am exactly, but this is due to capacity issues which OpenServe urgently need to attend to. Any CISP users can confirm if they're affected by this?

phuma

Fibre down in Durbanville Cape Town :-( Flickering blue light.

#COOL-20180615-112977

Last edited:

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Finally moving to an area which is actually physically covered with fibre and where I can get Vumatel and CI (and not where the map is wrong as it was for my previous address).

But now, the issue is that I can’t order at all through Vumatel, their website says that my address (in Sandton and in the middle of the map) is not in South Africa.

Vumatel obviously doesn’t answer to tweets and not yet to my email.

Can I apply directly to CI and CI applies to Vumatel on my behalf? Otherwise, I’ll just go to Cell C.

phuma

[MENTION=394133]PBCool[/MENTION] - call center said it was general fault in Cape Town?

phuma

Got an email from Vumatel saying they have lots of support tickets being opened and they believe it is because of load shedding? We've had none...

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Got an email from Vumatel saying they have lots of support tickets being opened and they believe it is because of load shedding? We've had none...

Was wondering if load shedding would affect fibre in terms of exchange points not having power

phuma

Was wondering if anybody else had issues with Vumatel... no replies from Cool Ideas here.

Only info on Cool Ideas' web site is about CPEs being 'blown' by load shedding. Since we did not have any shedding I doubt that is the issue? Just the power light still flickering blue <sigh>

Status
Not open for further replies.