Cool Ideas or any other ISP on MTN Fibre

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Hoping someone from the ISPs or even myBB can respond as it appears two months after MTN supposedly opened their fibre network, nothing has been heard.

When can we, the public, get news of FTTH offerings to the home over the MTN network.

@PBcool, etc. Help !! Tired of openserve pricing ...

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Still nothing as yet, last bit of feedback (today) was that they are waiting on a portal to load orders. But our liaison is apparently going to try and do manual orders for us. But I don't see anything moving in a hurry :(

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Still nothing as yet, last bit of feedback (today) was that they are waiting on a portal to load orders. But our liaison is apparently going to try and do manual orders for us. But I don't see anything moving in a hurry :(

rawoke

Ja they so slowwww to move !!! We also waiting to load them !

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Have they committed to when it would done? :/ Really need to make the switch. Sure it would be cheaper than openserve offerings

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Have they committed to when it would done? :/ Really need to make the switch. Sure it would be cheaper than openserve offerings
It should be inline with most other providers but no indication of when it's going to happen.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
I hope this is something that won't concern me in the next 6 months. Just got asked to consider a position in another country where normal internet at home is 1gbps at not so stupid prices. I may apply just for that. LOL

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Thanks for checking. If this is all true then it seems like MTN is close to being open access.

Yeap it would be, as mentioned the last feedback we got which was last week that the malls are only now available.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
So MTN confirmed they will take orders from 1 November, which is quite surprising. Installation fees are quite pricey at R2000.00 Excl for 8 meters.

Speed23

@PBCool.
Thanks for the updates. Do you know what the procedure will be for the people who already have a line? Will there be a once off connection fee or anything like that?

Regards

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
@PBCool.
Thanks for the updates. Do you know what the procedure will be for the people who already have a line? Will there be a once off connection fee or anything like that?

Regards

Yeap but we will absorb the connection fee more than likely as normal.

Speed23

@PBCool, I see MTN is now on your website. I'll be signing up soon. So basically the process for me then would be to cancel with MTN, get the termination date, and then sign up with you guys once I have that?

MrSmith

@PBCool what routers are you guys supplying in Cape Town area for MTN, as ZTE manages MTN FTTH network here it may have to be a ZTE router?
I am currently directly with MTN and have ZTE F680 router.