Cool Ideas - Tl,dr; Terrible

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
As I said the other day on the main form, all these companies hire pay takers. Those who are willing to work for the minimum as the company wants to keep those expenses to a minimum but deliver minimum skill and service. As I always say to my clients you pay for what you get!
Well, based on the amount of time, plus the fact that I had @PBCool actually comment sometimes saying that he'd check up on my issue, I'd have thought they'd at least have a competent network engineer to check and then pass on to FF that there is an issue, which doesn't seem to have happened. CISP is quick to say they've taken action, and are quick to blame in the threads, but I have yet to see a single mention of sending a tech to my premises, especially when they stated "Yet the only way to test a service is at its location" - Brett from No-Retentions.

But according to Brett, Paul is the one who dropped the ball:
1559327369320.png
So if even the CEO (assuming, he better be considering the fact that he seems to have to do everything) f's up that badly that a ticket is open for:
1559327427649.png
days, plus I mentioned on the feedback thread multiple times before I opened the ticket that I have issues, then why bother? There is cheap, and there is incompetent.
Wow. I had to deal with cisp support recently because there was an issue with my CPE on vumatel (power supply was f**ked) and it took 4 calls to cisp and 3 calls to vumatel directly to get it sorted. The guys at CISP kept logging the fault incorrectly saying that the line was down when it infact wasn't and when the vumatel techies looked at the ticket on their side they just closed it because they saw the link was up. If i hadn't called vumatel directly or called cisp back multiple times nothing would have been done about it. In my case i'm lucky that there was an obvious culprit for my internet problem, if i were on octotel or frogfoot i don't know what i'd do. Hopefully your issues will get sorted out.

I wish I could call FF directly, but that's for my ISP to manage, part of that over a grand fee.

CuriouS

Thanks for posting this. I'm moving to an area with only Octotel, and was seriously considering CISP, but I don't think I will be going that way! Cheers

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
My friend in Sea Point it seems to be okay, in Blouberg it's supposedly very bad, but there were "fixes" a bit ago that improved it a lot.
@Johnatan56 - quite interested to know how Atomic Access performs for you
Local full speed, international has the packet loss, so FF issue. Going to start a dialog with them on Monday, don't want to mess with it for now.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
My friend in Sea Point it seems to be okay, in Blouberg it's supposedly very bad, but there were "fixes" a bit ago that improved it a lot.

Local full speed, international has the packet loss, so FF issue. Going to start a dialog with them on Monday, don't want to mess with it for now.
Isn't this the same thing as when you were on our network?

maumau

Honorary Master
@PBCool Does sound like the same problem but OP's issue is with CI service and I'm sorry to say I've also heard complaints about support.

It's great when things go well but the true test is how problems are resolved. WA were awesome until their support fell apart now people avoid them like the plague.

That being said, no complaints about CI from my side.

Last edited:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Isn't this the same thing as when you were on our network?
You missed the point I think. I never said the issue was not FF, I said it was 3 months in and still not sorted, while dealing with such horrendous support.

Your comment seems to show that it's a top down issue.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
You missed the point I think. I never said the issue was not FF, I said it was 3 months in and still not sorted, while dealing with such horrendous support.

Your comment seems to show that it's a top down issue.
Not at all, I have explained what the situation is and what we are doing to try and resolve it. These things don't happen in a hurry which I also mentioned. I am sorry it wasn't resolved quicker but we are addressing it. As the most senior technical guys in the company it has nothing to do with top down.