Cool ideas worst isp for customer service! stay away!

enkulu

Seven days ago I signed up to Cool Ideas ISP for a new fibre line for the house I will be moving into.

I was impressed that they were voted best ISP. I have not yet used their service the router is still unopened and there is no power going to the CPE box. I replied to one of their billing tickets instructing them not to activate the line until the beginning of June. I received no reply and a debit order was run against my account. I replied and asked why I was billed for a service that I am not using, in a house that I am not even living yet, and was told that I should have read the terms and conditions of the service. Afrihost only billed me once the account was active on my router.

Cool Ideas customer service is apparently non-existent with no customer service department either. Apparently, run by cowboys. DO NOT SIGN UP TO COOL IDEAS! They are sneaky and are very unreasonable

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Seven days ago I signed up to Cool Ideas ISP for a new fibre line for the house I will be moving into.

I was impressed that they were voted best ISP. I have not yet used their service the router is still unopened and there is no power going to the CPE box. I replied to one of their billing tickets instructing them not to activate the line until the beginning of June. I received no reply and a debit order was run against my account. I replied and asked why I was billed for a service that I am not using, in a house that I am not even living yet, and was told that I should have read the terms and conditions of the service. Afrihost only billed me once the account was active on my router.

Cool Ideas customer service is apparently non-existent with no customer service department either. Apparently, run by cowboys. DO NOT SIGN UP TO COOL IDEAS! They are sneaky and are very unreasonable
So you didn't read the T&C's then?

I've been with Cool Ideas since my fibre line went live, the signup process was a bit drawn out but other than that the service has been stellar and I've only had 2 outages lasting a few hours at most and the line runs at full speed whenever I have needed it to.

semaphore

Honorary Master

I've been with Cool Ideas since my fibre line went live, the signup process was a bit drawn out but other than that the service has been stellar and I've only had 2 outages lasting a few hours at most and the line runs at full speed whenever I have needed it to.
His fault for not reading the T & C's. But the customer service from a website perspective is pretty horrendous, stuff only gets done when you come complain here.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
His fault for not reading the T & C's. But the customer service from a website perspective is pretty horrendous, stuff only gets done when you come complain here.
That I would agree with... they do need to up their support game for the very rare occasion you need to use it.....

But then, I have yet to come across any ISP that has what I would term as acceptable support levels.

enkulu

That is not the issue. I asked them to not activate the line, they activated the line without even replying to my request not to.

I don't care how good your line speed or lack of outages are if you can't even provide your customers with decent support, how do you expect to stay in business?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
That is not the issue. I asked them to not activate the line, they activated the line without even replying to my request not to.

I don't care how good your line speed or lack of outages are if you can't even provide your customers with decent support, how do you expect to stay in business?
I'm aware of what happened..

But instead of ranting here and telling people not to use Cool Ideas (who were ranked the best ISP for a reason) maybe try have a reasoned discussion with the company about what happened.... you might get better results.

daneza

Also they have made it clear here that they're undergoing very rapid growth and struggling to keep their heads above water with their current ticketing system. They're not pulling a Telkom on you.

lkswan747

Expert Member

So you signed up to Mybroadband to bad mouth an ISP who has been voted tops, you have not read their T&C's, did not phone them to resolve the issue before dissing them! Perhaps you should play fair before mouthing off?

enkulu

So you signed up to Mybroadband to bad mouth an ISP who has been voted tops, you have not read their T&C's, did not phone them to resolve the issue before dissing them! Perhaps you should play fair before mouthing off?
I did, in fact, call them before posting here. I spoke to three people there and they were not reasonable.
I have read the T&C's and believe my review is justified.

lkswan747

Expert Member
I did, in fact, call them before posting here. I spoke to three people there and they were not reasonable.
I have read the T&C's and believe my review is justified.
PBCool usually responds if there is a ticket and resolved many an issue brought up by subscribers so I don't get why the negative review. You are entitled to your opinion but then you should give the other party an opportunity to assist or respond on the forum before venting. Please understand I am not dissing you but just giving some pointers as a MBB member. It is nice to have the whole story so we can formulate our opinions without bias.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Sorry to hear of your frustrations, unfortunately line activation is not within our control, neither is scheduling installation. None of the fibre providers offer a service start date which is why we bill from installation date and why it's in our terms and conditions.