Cops realize tiger is stuffed animal after 45-minute standoff

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Cops realize tiger is stuffed animal after 45-minute standoff

A Scottish farmer frantically called cops to report a tiger in his cow shed, sparking an armed police standoff — only to learn it just was a large, cuddly stuffed animal.

Bruce Grubb, 24, was throwing a housewarming party when he spotted the bizarre sight and called police, fearing his pregnant cows were about to be devoured.

Now “I feel a bit silly for calling the police, but I thought it was a real emergency,” he told the Scottish Sun. “I had absolutely no doubt it was real. I got a hell of a scare.”

The frightened farmer said the first officer to respond to the scene was so scared that he “refused to get out of the squad car.”

North East Police even checked a local wildfire park to see if they had an escaped tiger on the loose.

After armed cops engaged in a 45-minute “standoff,” they realized the supposedly terrifying beast was actually just a big plush toy.

Cops said they determined the false call was made with “genuine good intent” in a Facebook post about the ordeal.

They even asked an embarrassed Grubb if they could keep the stuffed tiger as a mascot.

It’s unclear how the stuffed toy got in the shed.

Solarion

Honorary Master
The frightened farmer said the first officer to respond to the scene was so scared that he “refused to get out of the squad car.”
4 inch claws and teeth, strength of 20 men and moves faster than a rabbit.

I can't say I blame you officer.

bigboy529

Expert Member
Didn't this also happen a while ago and also in the UK someware? I remember something about a stuffed lion or tiger floating around the country, or rather a inflatable one.

NiTeD

Expert Member
If it was in the US, the cops would have found out in a couple of seconds as they would have shot the thing.:D