bwana

MyBroadband
I'm surprised they're fighting over Domino's when the crap pizza market is already so saturated.

greg0205

Honorary Master
i won't support Chick-fil-A, but bring taco bell for sure!
But waffle fries and biscuits. Yeah, I get where you're coming from.

EDIT: Back OT, is it the Core Group or just two guys who also happen to be with the Core Group?

Last edited:

entrepr

Expert Member
If Core Group ran it we could face limited flavours at high costs

It Taste ran it we would have the risk of the market carved into a duopoly with Famous Brands. The own so many brands between them you don't realise how much they control re fast-food choice and pricing

Compton_effect

Honorary Master
To be honest. I dont want new brands in SA. I want old ones back. Bimbo's and the original Fontanas Chicken for one.

Mr Feesh

Expert Member
i won't support Chick-fil-A, but bring taco bell for sure!
are you crazy :sick: taco bell is disgusting. I lived in the states for 6 months last year and I thought taco bell was terrible. I don't eat fast food often but chik-fil-a is great and there social outreach is good to they look after their employees well.

krycor

Honorary Master
I think the reason it's a hot buy is due to the tech side of dominos pizza. They have a end to end order service with guaranteed turn around time too.. I reckon it would be good to have them in SA

Paul Hjul

Honorary Master
I think the reason it's a hot buy is due to the tech side of dominos pizza. They have a end to end order service with guaranteed turn around time too.. I reckon it would be good to have them in SA
are core really in a position to utilize that sort of service though?

I see a really strong case for offering tech, beer and pizza but this is a holding of franchise rights setup and distribution group so I am not quite seeing it.

McT

The Humble Scot!
This week, after the legal challenge to the deal was revealed, Taste's share price fell 1.5%.
Glad I held back on buying their shares.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Glad I held back on buying their shares.
It first climbed 10% though.

After Taste said on April 10 that it had signed an "exclusive" master franchise agreement with Dominos, its stock climbed 10%.

This week, after the legal challenge to the deal was revealed, Taste's share price fell 1.5%.