Coricraft - Name and Shame

Amos_Keeto

So, how long do you reckon you should wait for your new recliner?

How about two months....and counting?

Yeah, my mum put in an order with this company. And two months down the line, there is still no sign of the chair. This after numerous calls from both her and my brother to find out what is going on. And numerous promises of "we'll call you back", all empty.

So, piss poor customer service.
Useless company used for deliveries (Sondré Vervoer, who's owner would rather swear at callers, than actually help them).
And of course, each blames the other.

Rather take your money to a place that wants your business and can deliver on their promises. Unless, of course, you like the joy and anticipation of your new purchase sucked out of you at the speed of Telkom.

Amos_Keeto

If it was my order, I would.

Regardless of whether it's cancelled or not, I always figure more people read MyBB than Hello Peter, which tends to be filled with boilerplate responses :(

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Not a fan of Coricraft myself, bought two lounge suites from them, one cloth, one leather, they both lost their firmness after about two years....

Whats even worse is the leather one has started fading on the side that gets morning sun, and I paid for scotch guarding.

The leather lounge suite in the other lounge bought at Winston Sahd is fine, no scotch guard :rolleyes:

Le^stat

bought 2 seater leather couch from them. not impressed...stitching already going. - Overpriced junk = Corri_k@k -

xrapidx

Honorary Master
bought 2 seater leather couch from them. not impressed...stitching already going. - Overpriced junk = Corri_k@k -
That reminds me, the stitching on my one leather couch is also farked... its all scew and should be straight (like the other couch) :rolleyes:

IceQB

Expert Member
Got a coffee table from Coricraft - still looking good. Although i cannot say same for some friends of mine & there lounge suites.
The corner lounge / couches i got from Winston Sahd still excellent condition.

luxe

Expert Member
Coricraft to my mind has had a bad rep for a while. Most if not everyone who has purchased from there are had to fight to get their furniture, and then been unhappy with the quality in the long run.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
Got my two seater from Corricraft too. Also had to wait about a month for delivery. But I've had the couch now for about 4 years and still very happy with it. (must admit though that it doesn't get used often as it is not in the lounge)

Celine

Executive Member
you have every right to cancel. that is poor customer service. i would demand my money back and not over the phone either.

Bionic

Reviving this 8 year old thread :) Has Coricraft improved? Looking for a slouch bed setup and 2 seater couch in fabric. Thanks

Sumen

Expert Member
Reviving this 8 year old thread :) Has Coricraft improved? Looking for a slouch bed setup and 2 seater couch in fabric. Thanks
Ordered a couch from them a year ago , it was delivered on time, actually didn't even know this thread existed.
Will definitely consider them again.

Their quality is much better than what you get from House and Home ( 2 couches broke within 2 years while 1 of them's fabric was too tight causing it to rip).

Bionic

Ordered a couch from them a year ago , it was delivered on time, actually didn't even know this thread existed.
Will definitely consider them again.

Their quality is much better than what you get from House and Home ( 2 couches broke within 2 years while 1 of them's fabric was too tight causing it to rip).
Thanks.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Well - I tried to use them this week - emailed them a query from the page I was looking for on their site, they responded telling me to do it either via their online store - or in-store - when I responded that I was doing it via the online store, and it redirected me to the email page, they stopped responding.

Bionic

Well - I tried to use them this week - emailed them a query from the page I was looking for on their site, they responded telling me to do it either via their online store - or in-store - when I responded that I was doing it via the online store, and it redirected me to the email page, they stopped responding.
Visited their store in Kramerville last week. This store has a wide variety. The guy that assisted me seemed a bit cheesed off when i asked for 4 different quotes. I needed different styles and materials. Not really bothered about pre sales. As long as it can last 10 years and they stand by their guarantee( 10yrs frame, 2 yrs fabric then im happy. I just returned a leather recliner set from Grafton due to terrible workmanship. Decided to go for this setup instead.

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Well I've had three sets of couches, and they all go pap after awhile. When I replace these it won't be coricraft.

My (2nd hand) Weylandt couch still looks the same as it did when I bought it 2nd hand :p