Coronavirus alert system with 5 levels of restriction proposed for South Africa

daveza

Honorary Master
looks like we are at stage 4 now - hopefully we move to stage 3 soon ?

I don't see schools on the list so looks like we are homeschooling for a while still ?

Schools don't make money - these stages are just about making money.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
looks like we are at stage 4 now - hopefully we move to stage 3 soon ?

I don't see schools on the list so looks like we are homeschooling for a while still ?

For major urban areas (Gauteng, W-Cape and KZN) there is unlikely to be any lowering of the stages in the foreseeable future...

Creag

The Boar's Rock
This system must be more granular than just provincial level. Down to suburbs.
My side of the street is one suburb. The other side of the street is another. So, we flip a coin as to who is allowed freedom? Nie 'n donder nie!

/dev/null

Expert Member
Yep. Already posted elsewhere, but this is what Pierre De Vos has to say about the current arbitrary restrictions:

Interesting read, but it's as if he forgot that there are courts. Courts exists to deal with the ambiguities he speaks about. If a law/regulation is not clear, you go to court and you ask the Judge to interpret it in a clear way. Of course, access to legal recourse often depends on socio-economic standing.

Lupus

Honorary Master
For major urban areas (Gauteng, W-Cape and KZN) there is unlikely to be any lowering of the stages in the foreseeable future...
So the three provinces that make money? So no economy than anyway. Why do they not realise why the numbers are higher in those 3? Because that's where the people want to be and need to be.