"Corrugated" feel on highways, me or something else?

Zoomzoom

Executive Member
Tyre noise is also a thing. My car makes an entirely different sound with different tyres / tread patterns.

Shaun108

Executive Member
Test tyre pressure .Check balancing and alignment. Check for worn tyres. Cheap shitty tyres can actually make your ride feel "louder" btw.

Next check is condition of shock absorbers.

Urist

Expert Member
Humming sound at a certain speed as well? Had the same thing, bearings were getting dangerous.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
It can also depend on the road, the N4 exiting Witbank to the east is horrendous, as is the N2 coming up near macassar and somerset west, some parts of the N1 in Joburg have had repairs where there's a line of bitchumen just in the place where the right hand side wheels travel and it creates the most irritating noise....
Entire section of N12 between Delmas and the N4-N12 split as well, especially westbound carriageway

neoprema

Expert Member
Thanks for the input guys. I was away for a while so now i'm back i'll take it to get Tyres and alignment/balance checked.

The car has done 4000KM on its clock so far.

I asked a friend to check for me, but he drives an older Land Rover Defender screwed-together thingie so I think anything short of the wheels falling off, he wouldn't notice the problem. He said it feels fine to him...