Corrupt ANC tenders ruined Medupi and Kusile - Expert

lunch

Classic Ted Blom. Loves to be in the limelight and strangely seemingly the only 'expert' in SA that gets airtime. At it again stirring the pot and making unsubstantiated claims. We all love some intrigue and anoter motive for more fingerpointing, don't we? :laugh:
How about you propose a solution Ted and tone down the fear mongerning a bit? :thumbsup:
Chris Yelland would like a word

system32

Expert Member
Classic Ted Blom. Loves to be in the limelight and strangely seemingly the only 'expert' in SA that gets airtime. At it again stirring the pot and making unsubstantiated claims. We all love some intrigue and anoter motive for more fingerpointing, don't we? :laugh:
How about you propose a solution Ted and tone down the fear mongerning a bit? :thumbsup:
He has proposed solutions - just do a google and you will find what he proposes.
Stage 6 sure scared the **** out of all of us - so not fear mongering.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
This is not what I'm disputing. There was corruption. That's documented. However it's the part where Ted says that the Hitachi/Alstom contracts were swapped is where he is making unsubstantiated claims. In the interview between 5:00 and 6:00 is where he talks about the contract swapping. Should I just 'believe' him because he says so and Jacaranda is playing suspense music in the background? :unsure:
This I have to agree with. I wish the tender process was made more transparent back in 2007 to allow us to see every single tender bid that both companies submitted.

To be honest, melodramatic or not, when you look at how well the ANC managed the Chancellor House v Eskom v Tender process (looking at you Grindrod) I tend to be on Blom's side.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
The never-ending assault of Eskom related stories on all the local news sites is starting to feel worse than load shedding.

Swa

Honorary Master
This is not what I'm disputing. There was corruption. That's documented. However it's the part where Ted says that the Hitachi/Alstom contracts were swapped is where he is making unsubstantiated claims. In the interview between 5:00 and 6:00 is where he talks about the contract swapping. Should I just 'believe' him because he says so and Jacaranda is playing suspense music in the background? :unsure:
Really. So it makes sense to give the parties work they aren't set up for? Would you have Boeing design a car and Volkswagen a plane? He's also put forward many solutions. Don't expect the ANC to implement any of them though.

It's at times like this I'm just waiting for Eskom to go under. Yes it can and will on the current path so the sooner someone who's willing to make the hard decisions takes over the better.

mypetcow

Really. So it makes sense to give the parties work they aren't set up for? Would you have Boeing design a car and Volkswagen a plane? He's also put forward many solutions. Don't expect the ANC to implement any of them though.

It's at times like this I'm just waiting for Eskom to go under. Yes it can and will on the current path so the sooner someone who's willing to make the hard decisions takes over the better.
I'm not disputing that the contract swap may have happened either. It may have happened, but it also may not have happened. I am simply disputing what Ted says about the contract swapping as he provides no proof for what he accuses ESKOM of doing, neither in the Jacaranda interview nor in the article. Liked I mentioned before, should I just take him at his word? :laugh: What's stopping him from fabricating some narrative for some clicks and attention?
Show me proof that Hitachi or Alstom tendered for something and received something else and I will eat my words.

Temujin

Executive Member
Like chris, he does...
heres some from a few months back

Voicy

Honorary Master
Interesting to see the white hand of BEE exposed :ROFL:

View attachment 766074
Try searching for keywords such as "crime", "theft", "hackers", "hijacking" etc. on mybroadband articles. I'm yet to find a single picture of a non-white criminal. I feel it's unfair how myBB is unfairly discriminating against other races by not representing them proportionally.

Solarion

Honorary Master
It's quite ironic really, to struggle for nearly a century for the country you love so much and then after gaining it you then exercise your freedom to destroy the very country you fought for.

Last edited:

McT

The Humble Scot!
Eskum tells Municipalities that Stage 8 is imminent. To the public, Eskum says that this is a low probability.

:unsure:

konfab

Honorary Master
He has proposed short term solutions...
https://www.businessinsider.co.za/quick-fixes-this-energy-expert-says-that-can-save-south-africa-from-more-load-shedding-2019-10

And more long term solutions:
I will be highlighting the fact that corruption is still ongoing at Eskom, and launching a drive to ensure that a full forensic investigation takes place to stop corruption at Eskom. Unfortunately, the current commission of inquiry is not highlighting the numbers involved in past and current corruption. I will also advocate the opening up of the grid before Eskom finally collapses.
https://www.esi-africa.com/event-news/energy-expert-ted-blom-open-the-grid-before-eskom-finally-collapses/

Of course, none of these practical solutions work within the grand 26 year communist experiment that the ANC has been running, so of course they won't be considered.