Cost to respray entire vehicle

xrapidx

Honorary Master
Anyone resprayed an entire vehicle recently? Interested in the cost.

Minor rust repair required - and one section requires a bit of welding to repair damage.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Anyone resprayed an entire vehicle recently? Interested in the cost.

Minor rust repair required - and one section requires a bit of welding to repair damage.
Depends who you ask. I would say around R20-R25K.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Or 50K I guess. :unsure: Ouch. I take my vehicle always to the same guy and very happy with his service.

Mosgi

Give my guy a shout. I've used him on 2 cars in the past. He's good, basically a collective of guys who used to work at a Mercedes repairer some time back, they opened up their own shop. Booysens.

Mr Stone
+27 61 445 2274

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Have a look at dipyourcar.com - kinda plastidip thing. Seems cheap enough. And they have a youtube channel with a ton of info.

gamer16

Executive Member
One of the many things good ol Edd China from wheeler dealers tought me is to do all the prep work you can by yourself, ie all the stripping, cleaning and light sanding etc etc so to save a big chunk on labor costs.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
If you are paying cash and no insurance involved and you speak to the right people then R25k or so but pricing maybe have been updated since days gone by, depending on if it's a fancy paint or not.

gamer16

Executive Member
It'll probably be cheaper to vynil the vehicle
If this could be a cheap ish mobile service it would make for a excellent prank, oke parks at say a shopping center, comes back hours later to find a car exactly like his in the same parking bay but that's a different colour with different number plates, :ROFL::ROFL: should make for a right laugh as they look for their car.

krycor

Honorary Master
If this could be a cheap ish mobile service it would make for a excellent prank, oke parks at say a shopping center, comes back hours later to find a car exactly like his in the same parking bay but that's a different colour with different number plates, :ROFL::ROFL: should make for a right laugh as they look for their car.
Based on what I saw, wrapping a vehicle costs about 15k+ and type of vinyl finish impacts cost (flat, metallic etc).

Time wise nope.. a full wrap requires taking off some parts, opening doors etc. I guess you could do full side, window, bonnet logos etc while they watching a movie and combined with number plate change most people will assume it’s a different car (maybe window wrap too)

Ecko_1

I paid R10k cash to a good panelbeater in 2009 to do a full respray on my VW Fox. Had lots of rust and it had some modifications done to it.

My friend had a full respray done last year on a Golf 6 GTI. Also a reputablt panelbeater. R25k cash paid.