Courier company for dropshipping in SA?

IanM

Hi all

I'm starting an online shop soon and currently considering options for couriers. The business will be making use of dropshipping, so I'll never actually handle any inventory. I'll basically order the delivery, and the courier will go directly to the manufacturer to pick up.

Ideally I'd like to get charged a single price for delivery anywhere in SA. I think Courierguy probably comes closest with their One Rate Door to Door service.

Any other suggestions? T.I.A

Priapus

Executive Member
Thanks, however shipping will only be local. Not looking internationally just yet.

Uhm, they do local. As an example, I ordered stuff from Amazon - who shipped it to a NY address given to me by Aramex. Aramex then picked it up, and delivered to my door.

IanM

Uhm, they do local. As an example, I ordered stuff from Amazon - who shipped it to a NY address given to me by Aramex. Aramex then picked it up, and delivered to my door.

:D I think we're on 2 different wavelengths.. I'm going to sell the product on my local site, have local manufacturers make it and ship it to local customers.

Nathanpillz

Hi all

I'm starting an online shop soon and currently considering options for couriers. The business will be making use of dropshipping, so I'll never actually handle any inventory. I'll basically order the delivery, and the courier will go directly to the manufacturer to pick up.

Ideally I'd like to get charged a single price for delivery anywhere in SA. I think Courierguy probably comes closest with their One Rate Door to Door service.

Any other suggestions? T.I.A

http://www.internetexpress.co.za/

Trompie67

Expert Member
MDS Collivery. They also have modules that you can incorporate into your site - for the most popular e-commerce platforms like Prestashop, Woocommerce etc.

Surv0

Executive Member

Same company as The Courier Guy.

@IanM

Rather just deal directly with TCG (The Courier Guy), setup an account where you can create orders yourself, and chat to them about the plugin for automated quote costing for shipping to certain areas and have the collection/pickup requests submitted automatically.

Apis are available if you want to code this yourself.

Internet Express is more of a cash system for infrequent use.