Court case could end affirmative action based on race in South Africa

TysonRoux

Executive Member
it was wrong then and remains wrong now

there are however fundamental differences between the two.
as a whilte male, i can still live wherever i choose, sit anywhere in a bus or train, and dont have to carry a permit to allow me to visit a friend on the other side of town
Portions of apartheid removed, doesn't make it right.

Bewlen

This will change nothing. It becomes easier to accept, once you realise that South Africa has no future, and you start planning your exit.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
This will change nothing. It becomes easier to accept, once you realise that South Africa has no future, and you start planning your exit.
You are right. I do not think that, even if the courts side with this, anything will change in the country. Most large companies are already down in the dumps and they have not even started falling as yet. So, even if this is the case, there will not be any jobs for white or black. The hammer has fallen and it is game over for South Africa. The damages that was caused by Affirmative Action and BEE is irreversible.

EADC

Executive Member
If only the field were level.
Aaah but that is the point the proponents that want this to end dont want a level playing field they want their elevated field to be protected.

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
Aaah but that is the point the proponents that want this to end dont want a level playing field they want their elevated field to be protected.
Ha ha ha, funniest s**t today! Please show me anything elevated in government or private sector today. No wonder the economy is in the state it is in and so many people without jobs, money and food. Your problem is not "their elevated field", but rather a white man still employed.

Jings

Treasure Maker
Is is amazing how many people can see it was wrong under apartheid but are unable to do the same today.
South Africa is special. In this country, two wrongs make a right. :whistling:

JustAsk

Expert Member
South Africa is special. In this country, two wrongs make a right. :whistling:
But 2 wrongs have always made a right, everywhere.

Kidnapping is illegal. But then we catch the fcker, after a trial, we keep him against his will, which is...kidnapping.
There's murder vs killing someone in self defense

Swa

Honorary Master
Ha ha ha, funniest s**t today! Please show me anything elevated in government or private sector today. No wonder the economy is in the state it is in and so many people without jobs, money and food. Your problem is not "their elevated field", but rather a white man still employed.
Politicians. But I see natural selection is at work. Even their privilege can no longer protect them from things like accidents and crime.

biometrics

Honorary Master
You are right. I do not think that, even if the courts side with this, anything will change in the country. Most large companies are already down in the dumps and they have not even started falling as yet. So, even if this is the case, there will not be any jobs for white or black. The hammer has fallen and it is game over for South Africa. The damages that was caused by Affirmative Action and BEE is irreversible.
Have you left yet Lew?

Jings

Treasure Maker
But 2 wrongs have always made a right, everywhere.

Kidnapping is illegal. But then we catch the fcker, after a trial, we keep him against his will, which is...kidnapping.
There's murder vs killing someone in self defense
Preventing someone from commiting another crime by placing them in jail is not a wrong, therefore it would be a wrong and a right. Making his hole bigger while he picks a soap in the jail shower would be a wrong. Delaying his parole due to maladministration would be a wrong.

Bewlen

The sooner you leave the better.
Sincere apologies, might be irritating you for another 2 or 3 years.
It puzzles me when you tell the whiteys to p*&& off back to Europe, only to spit vitriol when we do.
Anyway, think of me on the Annual Budget Speech by our honorable minister of finance, everytime the targets are missed. And then when collections start collapsing. And then when GDP starts going backwards. And the inflation kicks in. Gonna be a rollercoaster ride I intend on missing.

biometrics

Honorary Master
Sincere apologies, might be irritating you for another 2 or 3 years.
It puzzles me when you tell the whiteys to p*&& off back to Europe, only to spit vitriol when we do.
Anyway, think of me on the Annual Budget Speech by our honorable minister of finance, everytime the targets are missed. And then when collections start collapsing. And then when GDP starts going backwards. And the inflation kicks in. Gonna be a rollercoaster ride I intend on missing.
Got a tldr?

SaiyanZ

Executive Member
fixed

One could argue that it's even more wrong now as it "protects" the majority from the minority.

Yeah, a fun fact is that there are about 10 times more blacks in the country than whites. So even if you take everything that whites have and distribute it around, the average black will only grow by 1/10 the average white guy now, in terms of wealth. Barely anything.