Court rules hidings for kids officially illegal

RaptorSA

Expert Member
So hidings are now illegal, huh.
I don't see anything mentioned about a good old fashioned well deserved p0esklap.

Sepeng

Expert Member
Luckily my kids don't know this.

*but I actually don't really believe in hitting them in any event

Last edited:

surface

Executive Member
Luckily, daughter is now 15, to big to be getting hidings. Laaitie is 13 and he's pretty well behaved after I moered him when he was younger. The twins though... driving me up the walls :D
HAHA - my father was a saint compared to any standards. I don't think he ever smacked any of us. Ever. I am trying to do the same - very very hard though. :ROFL:

Cius

Executive Member
This is bad news as far as I am concerned. It won't stop those that are going to far with it but will stop necessary punishment and establishment of boundaries for average parents.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Good job concourt, good job- Now deal with the consequences of a world overrun with special snowflakes and their feels, and general anarchy.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
OK, so I can't play hide and seek with my kids (no hiding).

But I will continue to discipline them as I see fit.

konfab

Honorary Master
Good, this is basic equality of the law being applied constantly.

You don't have a right to smack your wife or anyone else, why should you have a right to smack your children?

konfab

Honorary Master
Yes one needs to open a dialogue with your 3 yr old throwing a tantrum on the floor by the shop enterance. Talk about his feelings and stuff
If I dragged you to a shop that you didn't want to go to, you would probably throw a tantrum as well.

Mekon

What is wrong with these people???

I was given hidings when I was damn naughty and I survived. We are busy creating a nation of snowflakes who don't know the consequences of their actions.

Talking nicely only works up to a point. If the kid won't listen than it must feel.
Nation of snowflakes. This BS is rife the world over. With all this 'PC, SJW I don't see this planet being a nice place in the future. My daughters are in their early 20's and I urge them to never have kids because the future will be a crappy place for then to exist in.

beans100

Honorary Master
Typical, people is necklassing each other in the streets and they're worried about kids being spanked.

konfab

Honorary Master
If the government wants to tell you how to raise your children, the government should cover all costs required to raise said children.
Until then, they can go fly a kite
Do the laws that punish you for assaulting someone imply that the government is telling you how to live a married life?

Curse those snowflake government officials, now I will have to talk to my wife instead of just beating her.

Acid0

Expert Member
Well for now my kid cant read yet thus I am ok for the next year or so before he can......

Corelli

So what will this lead to?

Parents being sent to jail, and their kids becoming orphans?

konfab

Honorary Master
:ROFL:
Yeah. Children have a say. Look at society today and how well your BS is working out.
This ruling only came into effect in 2017.

I pass it back to you, look at society today and see how well corporal punishment has worked in generating a peaceful and orderly society.