Court rules hidings for kids officially illegal

Executive Member
I am sure the people who are doing the necklassing have justified it to themselves that they are doing it for their own good.
We must just TIMEOUT those people doing necklacing (1 minute * their age), problem solved.

konfab

Honorary Master
We must just TIMEOUT those people doing necklacing (1 minute * their age), problem solved.
Just tweak the formula and we are good to go:
(10 years * their age in years).

That would solve the problem, permanently.

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
Can you imagine, it would be high school all over again... bragging at the pub in the evening about getting 6 of the best....

I think this idea has legs.
Or if you drunk and causing shenanigans at the pub your buddy can just call the manager to bring a wooden spoon from the kitchen. If someone causes a scene at Woolworths at the cashier then the belt section is just round the corner.

All societal behavioural problems solved!

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Or if you drunk and causing shenanigans at the pub your buddy can just call the manager to bring a wooden spoon from the kitchen. If someone causes a scene at Woolworths at the cashier then the belt section is just round the corner.

All societal behavioural problems solved!
All around brilliant!

Anti-Chris

Curious, but what has your kid done, to warrant being smacked with a cane?
Difficult to remember now, but some previous instances was, hitting his sister, doing stuff I previously explisively told him not to or not doing something I have asked numerous times.
I am not going to try and justify corporal punishment, just as you will not be able to convince me it is ineffective (because I have first hand experience that it works and that if it is used correctly will not result in any resentment etc.) I will not be able to convince you otherwise.
It works for me, my kids are very well behaved and excels in school and everything they do. They love me and I love them, I make 100% sure they know exactly why they get punished when it happens.

Executive Member
Just tweak the formula and we are good to go:
(10 years * their age in years).

That would solve the problem, permanently.
Have them stand in a corner till they starve to death... brutal.

konfab

Honorary Master
Difficult to remember now, but some previous instances was, hitting his sister, doing stuff I previously explisively told him not to or not doing something I have asked numerous times.
I am not going to try and justify corporal punishment, just as you will not be able to convince me it is ineffective (because I have first hand experience that it works and that if it is used correctly will not result in any resentment etc.) I will not be able to convince you otherwise.
It works for me, my kids are very well behaved and excels in school and everything they do. They love me and I love them, I make 100% sure they know exactly why they get punished when it happens.
Do as I say, but not what I do, then don't ask me to justify my actions.:sneaky:

Solid morals you are teaching there :unsure:

Also how can your kids be "very well behaved", whilst simultaneously hitting each other and not listening to you after being told to not do something?

Anti-Chris

Do as I say, but not what I do, then don't ask me to justify my actions.:sneaky:

Solid morals you are teaching there :unsure:

Also how can your kids be "very well behaved", whilst simultaneously hitting each other and not listening to you after being told to not do something?
LMAO... Really? You definately dont have kids... Or your kids are permanently drugged and on Ritalin...
My kids are just that, kids. They will misbehave, they will do things they should not be doing and they will make mistakes, but they also know that they will have to step up and face the consequences. They have to take responsibility for their actions and they dont blame others.
That is exactly the problem with other kids of today and that is why I always get compliments for my kids behaviour, whether it is at school or their friend's parents.
Kids dont get taught to take responsibility for their actions. If they have poor marks, it must be the teacher. If they get caught doing something they shouldn't be doing, it must be bad influence of their friends. If they lie, cheat and steal it must be the devils fault...
Teach your kids to accept responsibility for their actions and dont raise snowflakes... Cause you know what happens to snowflakes when the heat gets turned up...

Jopie Fourie

The biggest thing that came from this ruling is that the judiciary urgently need to appoint old pre-1994 judges to take all these new laws and court judgments on appeal. The judicial system is a mess from the ground to the top.

noxibox

Honorary Master
"She reiterated that people would never smack their grandmothers out of love, as that would clearly be seen as wrong."

WTF ? People don't smack elders because they were bliksemed when young.
Why do they hit their elders?

noxibox

Honorary Master
Well... If I decide to give my son a hiding as punishment and he is not happy with it. He is free to report me to the authorities. I have also made that clear to him. I will even drive him to the police.
I will deal with the consequences and so will he.
Although it doesn't happen often. I do still punish my kids with a cane. But when it happens they know exactly why I am punishing them and afterwards all is forgotten with no hard feelings. I have found it to be the most effective method. My son is a straight A student and truly a boy any parent can be proud of.
You have to be pretty unhinged to need to use any implement to hit a child. It's pretty much a clear sign of a coward. If I were going to hit my children I'd least be brave enough to use my own hand. But hitting a child is the easy, lazy way, and I'd rather put in the effort to do things better.

Nothing you've said demonstrates that your choice to hit your child is beneficial to the child. Research has established that hitting children does produce quick compliance, which is one reason its popular, but that it doesn't produce lasting benefits or internalise the desired behaviour.

I dont know of any scientific measues if im honest. I would just think to myself....would feesmustfall have happened in my day?
Protest action from before the 90s demonstrates that it could easily have happened.

Curious, but what has your kid done, to warrant being smacked with a cane?
It is well established that using implements is definitely a bad idea.

noxibox

Honorary Master
They don't
There is actually beating of older people. It's apparently a bad thing. But if hitting children is good, then hitting misbehaving old people should be good too. How else will they learn? Given that they tend to become quite simpleminded in the later years.

daveza

Honorary Master
The expected comments from the freedom of religion followers...

The bible says we must so we must.

Well the bible says a lot of things.... so give us a call when you start executing adulterers, divorcees who remarry and those who work on Saturdays.

Thor

Honorary Master
The expected comments from the freedom of religion followers...

The bible says we must so we must.

Well the bible says a lot of things.... so give us a call when you start executing adulterers, divorcees who remarry and those who work on Saturdays.
Where does it say we must kill adulterers?

AlmightyBender

Expert Member
There is actually beating of older people. It's apparently a bad thing. But if hitting children is good, then hitting misbehaving old people should be good too. How else will they learn? Given that they tended to become quite simpleminded in the later years.
This guy gets it. If it's good then it's good right? Why do they not subject themselves to beatings throughout their own lives?

Seems to me there is a strange and unexplainable correlation between corporal punishment and the recipients inability to hit back

gottagoon

In my childhood days I was taught to respect my elders. No was no. It was not negotiable. If I wouldn't listen I was verbally repremanded. If I still wouldn't listen I was given a hiding.

Sore bum = time out to sit and think and not long after I would apologize and than I would get a hug and we were all ok again.

Discipline. Snowflakes these days have no friggin idea.

Beyond.Celsus

Expert Member
Where does it say we must kill adulterers?
Somewhere in Leviticus I believe.
But as per the men nr 1 rules of the bible only female adulterers are to be stoned to death.
It is legit in the bible.
Read it.