Court to rule on the legality of marijuana - enca

Gordon_R

Expert Member

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Was all over my complex, but then its always all been over my complex so nothing new really. I think the people who smoke will just not be as paranoid anymore I doubt there is going to be a surge of new smokers. I grew in the past but never smoked, now i'll just grow for fun but still wont smoke.
Yeah, the novelty will wear off eventually and life will return to normal. I'd also like to explore possibilities of growing a few plants just for the fun of it. Never smoked either.

BlackMamba

Expert Member
I personally don't support this Marijuana legalization... This is just a breeding ground for an uncontrollable drug use

semaphore

Honorary Master
I personally don't support this Marijuana legalization... This is just a breeding ground for an uncontrollable drug use
Your statement is fueled with ignorance. If people want to take drugs they will still do it and it will still be uncontrollable, why because it currently is uncontrollable.

evilstebunny

Honorary Master
Then do your bit for a drug free world and don't smoke, or grow. Or even comment in pro cannabis threads. But realize not everyone shares your personal opinion..

Surv0

Executive Member
Cool story bro, and your stance on the matter is now irrelevant. The constitution has spoken... one of those situations where you now need to just accept it and move on.

BlackMamba

Expert Member
Cool story bro, and your stance on the matter is now irrelevant. The constitution has spoken... one of those situations where you now need to just accept it and move on.
Yeah rather 1 old guy have spoken ..... Nothing I can do now

ForceFate

Honorary Master
I doubt we'll see a spike in users in the long term. It's still illegal to smoke in public and the ruling doesn't change employment policies on drug use.

Surv0

Executive Member
I doubt we'll see a spike in users in the long term. It's still illegal to smoke in public and the ruling doesn't change employment policies on drug use.
Its going to change nothing whats so ever.. except innocent people getting arrested will stop. I highly doubt usage will increase and as has been proven in many other countries, legalisation leads to less usage amongst youth and potentially increased usage in adults with a decline in alcohol consumption. All in all, positive changes all around.

Surv0

Executive Member
You know alcohol does more harm and damage than Cannibals right? If you want to start talking about gateway drugs, start at cigarettes, as nicotine is addictive.
Its easier to ignore the big fat elephant in the room when it comes to this topic. The thought they are worse than cannabis users really gets to them.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Its easier to ignore the big fat elephant in the room when it comes to this topic. The thought they are worse than cannabis users really gets to them.
Ironically this is one case where conservatives let their decision making be guided by feels rather than reals.

There is a wealth of scientific evidence in favour of more progressive drug policies, and also how much more harmful alcohol and tobacco are. Yet, conservatives like to ignore all that in favour of rhetoric like, "It's a gateway drug."

I heard that very rhetoric this weekend - that once you start doing weed, soon weed doesn't do it for you and you need to go onto something harder, like snorting heroine up a nostril while a hooker injects heroine into your nipples, while you strangle yourself with a belt. Smoking a joint just doesn't do it for you anymore apparently.