• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Court to rule on the legality of marijuana - enca

Surv0

Executive Member
Ironically this is one case where conservatives let their decision making be guided by feels rather than reals.

There is a wealth of scientific evidence in favour of more progressive drug policies, and also how much more harmful alcohol and tobacco are. Yet, conservatives like to ignore all that in favour of rhetoric like, "It's a gateway drug."

I heard that very rhetoric this weekend - that once you start doing weed, soon weed doesn't do it for you and you need to go onto something harder, like snorting heroine up a nostril while a hooker injects heroine into your nipples, while you strangle yourself with a belt. Smoking a joint just doesn't do it for you anymore apparently.
We can rightfully ignore that ignorance now and that line of thought will likely die off as soon as those people realise nobody cares what they think and they are actually part of a minority. Couple generations down the line and they wont exist anymore.

KingMikel

Ironically this is one case where conservatives let their decision making be guided by feels rather than reals.

There is a wealth of scientific evidence in favour of more progressive drug policies, and also how much more harmful alcohol and tobacco are. Yet, conservatives like to ignore all that in favour of rhetoric like, "It's a gateway drug."

I heard that very rhetoric this weekend - that once you start doing weed, soon weed doesn't do it for you and you need to go onto something harder, like snorting heroine up a nostril while a hooker injects heroine into your nipples, while you strangle yourself with a belt. Smoking a joint just doesn't do it for you anymore apparently.
Dude, I dispute the gateway drug theory too.

I smoked for the first times on Thursday then again on Sunday. It did nothing to me that appealed to me. I'm not going to try it again.

If you want to chase a higher high, then you'll probably end up doing the harder drugs. But if you smoke to mellow out and sleep, then I highly doubt you'll go for anything stronger.

ForceFate

Honorary Master

I smoked for the first times on Thursday then again on Sunday. It did nothing to me that appealed to me. I'm not going to try it again.

If you want to chase a higher high, then you'll probably end up doing the harder drugs. But if you smoke to mellow out and sleep, then I highly doubt you'll go for anything stronger.
I know guys who use it during periods of intense studies. They stop soon after the load has been reduced and hardly ever move to hard drugs.

I have smoked weed.

No way in hell it's a gateway drug. I guess things like alcohol, sugar and the likes will also be gateway drugs then. There was a little bit of credibility to those claims when Dagga was only available from hardcore drug dealers who supply everything from weed to Heroin. These days, weed can be had from a pastor's son who only grows and supplies weed. This isn't the 80s. Weed has been available from just about every second house for many years and these dealers don't sell hardcore drugs either just weed.

KingMikel

I have smoked weed.

No way in hell it's a gateway drug. I guess things like alcohol, sugar and the likes will also be gateway drugs then. There was a little bit of credibility to those claims when Dagga was only available from hardcore drug dealers who supply everything from weed to Heroin. These days, weed can be had from a pastor's son who only grows and supplies weed. This isn't the 80s. Weed has been available from just about every second house for many years and these dealers don't sell hardcore drugs either just weed.
Exactly. Try get someone to give sugar up. I can't. I'm off for a week then binge for the next. It's terrible.

Surv0

Executive Member
Exactly. Try get someone to give sugar up. I can't. I'm off for a week then binge for the next. It's terrible.
Its the previously legal stuff thats the most dangerous (not including now legal cannabis), stuff over the counter, alcohol, tobacco, opiods and other prescription meds are by far the worst, kill more and create more addictions than the illegal stuff.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I heard from an Afrikaner that "smoking one's socks" comes from the time Paul Kruger used to hide his stash in a sock. Not sure if true story.
Given that smoking one's socks is an English idiom, this is unlikely to be true.

Or at least, it could be true but referring to someone other than Paul Kruger, such as a British soldier.

Jings

Honorary Master
Given that smoking one's socks is an English idiom, this is unlikely to be true.

Or at least, it could be true but referring to someone other than Paul Kruger, such as a British soldier.
Maybe it was the "in" thing in them days.