COVID-19 memes (including @Coronachan)

Stokstert

Executive Member
Apparently, we need to prepare for these phone calls ...just in case

‘Good morning,

According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'

'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'

'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'

'Right. Um... so ....'

'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'

'Ok (gives address)'

'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'

'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'

'No - I'm afraid not. There is a once-off fee of R800 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'

'No - that's not right.

'I'm afraid it is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'

Puts the phone down.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Yeah. This was just a "trial run". ;)
I think pig flu was to test the spread model - how quickly it can replicate etc.

COVID-19 was to test some new ideas, most probably they made an "oopsie" in the lab with some gene splicing and did not get it quite right...

...oops, I'm probably on a "must watch" and "no-fly" list by now, as are you guys as well... Hardee har har.

Hephaestus

Forging
Apparently, we need to prepare for these phone calls ...just in case

‘Good morning,

According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'

'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'

'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'

'Right. Um... so ....'

'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'

'Ok (gives address)'

'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'

'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'

'No - I'm afraid not. There is a once-off fee of R800 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'

'No - that's not right.

'I'm afraid it is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'

Puts the phone down.
Unfortunately there are people stupid enough to fall for this.
I have a rule of not giving any card information on the phone. If you want it make an appointment to come see me with credentials