Covid-19 online vaccine registrations open for all South Africans over 60

neoprema

Expert Member
View attachment 1053473

I mean, look at this bullshyte. Not a single mention that they washed their hands to ensure they don't give each other a e.Coli infection:
View attachment 1053475
You know, its interesting.
How COVID-19 has relegated other diseases to the back seat lol.
Example: I was always afraid of getting Malaria. I spray myself silly and would run from any Mosquito I saw when working away in Africa. I washed my hands and sanitized religiously on trolleys, door handles etc.

Then COVID-19 came and getting it has became such a priority to protect myself from that everything else just went to the back of my mind. I've been to Mozambique 2 x this year already and didn't take anything for malaria and even forgot my spray the one trip - and it didnt bother me, my concern was do I have my mask on and am I sanitizing and distancing. concerns about Ecoli and friends have been a distance memory for ages now lol.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Off-topic but related..

Just heard a health dept representative in the news saying "All the data are protected"

Is data singular or plural ?
The great debate. There is a view (which I share) that when "data" is used as a Collective Noun, that it is then singular and the correct form is then "data is".

But the purists say that "datum" is the singular form of "data", hence why you see this silly expression "data are protected".

Last edited:

Everyones-a-Wally

Honorary Master
The great debate. There is a view (which I share) that when "data" is used as a Collective Noun, thta it is then singular and the correct form is then "data is".

But the purists say that "datum" is the singular form of "data", hence why you see this silly expression "data are protected".
Agree, everyone in my circle is careful to use data as plural. I find it painful and as awkward as a prosthetic leg made of lego.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

now05ster

Expert Member
Haven't. For HCWs the EVDS sent confirmation SMS immediately.
Yeah, the wife received it immediately. She received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as part of the Sisonke trial back in March. Well, we are going to register the parents now, so I'm hoping we will get the sms eventually.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Nope, nadda.

I know that Discovery is sending out SMSes to their customers (over 60) that they should register on the portal now, and that they will give further communication next week of how to register for the vaccination on the Discovery Portal allowing some form or support or as they say, "vaccination journey".

My parents asked me to help out with their registration for the vaccine as well as one of my elderly uncle's, none of which has received confirmation of registration. I registered them all around ~13h00 yesterday.

daveza

Honorary Master
I signed up early yesterday during the test phase, but they did say those registrations would be included.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I was just about to ask that. Neither my parents nor grandparents have received the SMS
After the issue we had around being able to get through the process because some suburbs were not included was sort of resolved, I managed to register a few people today. ALL of them received their confirmatory SMS a few moments ago.

markings

Expert Member
I know that Discovery is sending out SMSes to their customers (over 60) that they should register on the portal now, and that they will give further communication next week of how to register for the vaccination on the Discovery Portal allowing some form or support or as they say, "vaccination journey".

My parents asked me to help out with their registration for the vaccine as well as one of my elderly uncle's, none of which has received confirmation of registration. I registered them all around ~13h00 yesterday.
On the radio they said that the live, real registration begins on Friday 16:00
I registered just after 16:00 yesterday and got my SMS about an hour ago.