Covid-19: President Cyril Ramaphosa to address the nation on Sunday night

dualmeister

Honorary Master
President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to address the nation tomorrow evening after the National Coronavirus Command Council meets to discuss the resurgence of Covid-19 infections in some provinces.

Source

Arzy

Honorary Master
So, who's running the betting pool?

I'm thinking curfew 9pm to 6am
Public school holidays brought forward or extended
Maybe banning or further restrictions on alcohol
Plea to work from home if able
Gatherings limited to 10 inside and 50 outside

Dan C

Honorary Master

yes.gif

Nah, not 6am. Maybe 5am. Almost certainly a complete banning of alcohol. Not sure about capacity restrictions. You can't run anything with a max capacity of 10 people.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Deadlier coronavirus variant in South Africa — Ramaphosa to address nation on Sunday

President Cyril Ramaphosa is expected to address South Africa on Sunday evening following a special meeting of the National Coronavirus Command Council (NCCC), News24 reported.

This follows a media briefing from acting health minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, who said that the NCCC convened on Saturday to receive a report from scientists on the prevalence of the Delta variant in South Africa.

The Delta variant of the coronavirus was first detected in India, and is more transmissible and more virulent than the Beta variant, which has been the dominant variant in South Africa.

"Out of that a decision has been taken for the National Joint Operational and Intelligence Structure (NATJOINTS) to consider whether the restrictions that we currently have are sufficient," Kubayi-Ngubane stated.