Covid-19 vaccinations for people under 60 to start in Gauteng next week

chrisc

Executive Member
A misleading post above, however, applies more if you live in Cape Town

You don't actually need to register, over or under 60
Go along to a vaccination station as a walk-in, they register you and give you the jab
Took my neighbour plus 3 of her elderly friends to the Alexandra Institute in Pinelands. Got there just before 2 and we were back in the car coming home before 3
The 3 old ladies had not registered. All they needed was their ID book
The one old lady had tears of joy from having hers

chrisc

Executive Member
And vaccinate less than 20% of those who are registered!

I am surprised at the ignorance of some folk. Three ladies, 78, 80 and 83 live on their own near me.

They are all "aware" of the vaccination drive but had not taken any steps to register. Within 10 mins walk is a Council office, a public library and they all know that I have internet at home and on my phone

They all said that they thought it would come to pass eventually.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I am surprised at the ignorance of some folk. Three ladies, 78, 80 and 83 live on their own near me.

They are all "aware" of the vaccination drive but had not taken any steps to register. Within 10 mins walk is a Council office, a public library and they all know that I have internet at home and on my phone

THat is why I helped more than 30 people. Most of then are without MA. Now they all look at me and asked why they are not getting their numbers and why they still have to go and queue to get the jab All of a sudden it is all my problem. It pisses me off no end of the fiasco that GP is.

Two trips to two different so-called walk-in centres have come to nought.

_TrXtR_

Expert Member

We dont need 100% vaccination... and for them, taking vaccine has risks they have no play in, as to trying to avoid the virus gives then ability to 'play' safe is reasonable from their point of view considering all the bullshit and f*&^^ up lies and stuff our scientists make. Hopefully soon scientists start talking science rather than penis pronoun

richjdavies

Expert Member
We dont need 100% vaccination... and for them, taking vaccine has risks they have no play in, as to trying to avoid the virus gives then ability to 'play' safe is reasonable from their point of view considering all the bullshit and f*&^^ up lies and stuff our scientists make. Hopefully soon scientists start talking science rather than penis pronoun
For old people the risk of catching it is literally millions of times more risky than side effects. Unless they wish to never see anyone until they die of something else alone at home, vaccination is a very good idea for the elderly.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Why not just let everyone register. Why the age bands? Surely this will give a better view of demand and thus supply?

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
When people over 50 can get their Covid-19 vaccines in South Africa

People who are between 50 and 59 years old will be able to register for the Covid-19 vaccines from next week, acting health minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane announced at a media briefing on Friday.

Vaccinations for those who registered in this age group are scheduled to begin in mid-July.

Those who wish to receive the vaccine must register through government's online Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) — https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/.

The registration and rollout dates are scheduled as follows:
  • Registrations open via the EVDS — 1 July.
  • Vaccinations for 50–59 year-olds scheduled to begin — 15 July.

MeestaR

Expert Member
Government on Afrika tyd, hey?
Seriously, why does the government not allow the private health sector to procure their own vaccines for rollouts to their clients? Is it the money? What?
It's always the money. Gravy trough getting low?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
And in that same media briefing, Prof Crisp (hope I got his name right), FINALLY in a very roundabout way, admitted (even if he did not realise that he did so on national television)

1. He does not know what the h he is talking about when it comes to the numbers of people registering themselves. His little speech about rural areas registering faster than urban areas is just wrong.
2. He admitted that of the over 60's registered, the "insured" people have been given preference to actually getting vaccinated. He said now that there are more sites available, and more jabs available, they will now start issuing numbers to those that are "uninsured". He admitted that allocations of "uninsured people" to private vax sites have not taken place to date and that those "uninsured" people that have been vaccinated, have only been allocated to public facilities in areas where they live.
3. He also does not know the difference between 3.3 million and 33 million.

In our area there are NO public facilities available, hence why so many "uninsured" registered people have failed to get their numbers despite having registered as soon as the registrations opened up.

Then, later on, someone else puts up slides showing where most registrations have taken place.

Pretty good summary stats available on the sacoronavirus site now.

1624611048135.png

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Government on Afrika tyd, hey?
Seriously, why does the government not allow the private health sector to procure their own vaccines for rollouts to their clients? Is it the money? What?
It's always the money. Gravy trough getting low?
You're witnessing the promise of nationalisation vs the reality.

Danie_V

If the rate of vaccinations is SO slow, one wonders why we are using 2-dose vaccinations.... we're doubling the workload and delay. Some countries are passing the 50% mark and how is it possible that Brazil and other African countries are ahead of South Africa.

krycor

Honorary Master
They just covered that on News saying some complain cause over 60 lack know-how or means to register online and except walk ins for over 60 as from now. (Will register and jab same time)

See swarms flocking to sites tomorrow :D

As i said last time.. i suspect the push to open bracket will push fence sitters to go get it much like it did for the healthcare workers. Will be interesting to know if, internally, preference is given to healthcare workers, aged > 60yr old and educators who are either more vulnerable or more exposed ahead of the >50yr old in a particular area if such a person is also registered.

wrt morons saying will take many years.. i doubt it.. it will take many years factoring idiot hesitency yes.. but i suspect excluding that group it's still do-able in a "short" timeframe.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
As i said last time.. i suspect the push to open bracket will push fence sitters to go get it much like it did for the healthcare workers. Will be interesting to know if, internally, preference is given to healthcare workers, aged > 60yr old and educators who are either more vulnerable or more exposed ahead of the >50yr old in a particular area if such a person is also registered.

wrt morons saying will take many years.. i doubt it.. it will take many years factoring idiot hesitency yes.. but i suspect excluding that group it's still do-able in a "short" timeframe.

Problem With vacs its a all or nothing approach.
Chile that has over 70% vac rate (63% went for second jab) is getting a 3rd wave...

If everyone doesnt get it in time mutations gonna f us over doesn't matter how you look at it.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master

You are living in a world coloured black, green and yellow glasses. Whatever their targets are, they are going to fail to meet them. They are manipulating their own system all the time.
They hide behind jab shortages, to show why less than 30% of registered people have received their jabs by focussing on fictitious issues relating to registration, shortage of sites.
Yet they have no problem in extending jabs to new groups whenever the political pressure builds up.
They deliberately let private sites stand idle by only allocating "insured people" to them to get jabs. Meanwhile "uninsured people" are at risk in provinces such as GP with terrible infection rates. They then open up public sites where those desperate enough can go and queue in the sun in case they can get jabs without receiving their numbers.
They claim things are going well in rural areas when in fact they would have faced riots if they did not give people the jabs, and then use the opportunity to claim there is reticence and resistance to register in the metropolis.
Do you want more?

Last edited:

neoprema

Executive Member
And what did he say about the thousands of over 60's struggling to get vaccinated all over the place not getting their SMSs and appointments?
You can walk-in now, so appointments are moot basically.

Currantly

Expert Member

Dis-Chem raises alarm about 70% no-show rate for vaccine appointments​

Pharmacy retailer Dis-Chem has called for a faster vaccine rollout to stem the pandemic tide in Gauteng and to assist in preventing the third wave from overwhelming the healthcare systems in other provinces.

Linky

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Problem With vacs its a all or nothing approach.
Chile that has over 70% vac rate (63% went for second jab) is getting a 3rd wave...

If everyone doesnt get it in time mutations gonna f us over doesn't matter how you look at it.
Wrong

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You can walk-in now, so appointments are moot basically.
Not at any private sites in pta east. There is only one private site that the grapevine says accepts walk ins and that is Dischem Centurion.
Sure, you can walk in at a govt clinic. In our area that is in Mamelodi! Sure older over 60's of the pale variety are going to go to a clinic in Mamelodi! They have idiot with a death wish written on their foreheads carying a poster, "please rob me and take my car"