Covid-19 vaccinations open to all adults in South Africa - but alcohol restrictions remain

thirstycurve

Expert Member
Successfully registered. Can I go to any vaccine site tomorrow without needing an appointment?

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Successfully registered. Can I go to any vaccine site tomorrow without needing an appointment?

My plan is to rock up at my local Clicks, no appointment.

That may not work, if they have insufficient stocks. If you are not a member of a medical aid, you need an SMS voucher number. The actual site does not matter, but those criteria do.

The code looks something like this:
"Hi Xxxx. You have been scheduled for vaccination on date Xxxx at location Xxxx. Please bring your vaccine code VPA-1-M1234567T and your ID / passport to the vaccination site. If you are a member of a medical aid, you must bring your medical aid card."

"D"

Expert Member
My plan is to rock up at my local Clicks, no appointment.
That may not work, if they have insufficient stocks. If you are not a member of a medical aid, you need an SMS voucher number. The actual site does not matter, but those criteria do.
Many, many, many of the smaller and lesser-known private provider sites will take walk-ins, no questions asked. There are over 800 of those countrywide, and plenty of them are open even on weekends. (Or at least on Saturdays.)

medicnick83

Paramedic
Many, many, many of the smaller and lesser-known private sites will take walk-ins, no questions asked. There are over 800 of those countrywide, and plenty of them are open even on weekends. (Or at least on Saturdays.)
Just register before you go.

Reactions: "D"

tooone7

Just registered. Not a bad experience!

Why can't the license renewal website work like this?

I've been going on daily trying to get a slot that is not a 2 hour drive away.

Having to play lotto to renew your driver's license is not a fun way to do it.

Register on the system and let the system allocate a slot for you (or 3 so you can choose one.)

Attachments

• vaccine-registration-process.jpg
    vaccine-registration-process.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 30

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Just registered. Not a bad experience!

Why can't the license renewal website work like this?

I've been going on daily trying to get a slot that is not a 2 hour drive away.

Having to play lotto to renew your driver's license is not a fun way to do it.

Register on the system and let the system allocate a slot for you (or 3 so you can choose one.)

The slots and locations are meaningless, you can go anywhere anytime. Choose a date and location that is suitable for you. Beware the initial rush though.

Reactions: "D"

REAPER

Hi

I just registered, and I just want to know if the Discovery vaccination site in Umhlanga accepts walk-in.

Do you have to have medical aid to go to there?

Do they charge you?

Do you have to receive the sms before you go?

For those of you who have went to this site to get vaccinated please let me know.

Thanks

tooone7

The slots and locations are meaningless, you can go anywhere anytime. Choose a date and location that is suitable for you. Beware the initial rush though.
Ahh, that's a bummer.

The functionality, if implemented correctly, is still a good idea though and could work really well for all types of renewals and such where you have to physically go in.