Covid-19 vaccine might be made mandatory before returning to the office

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Macron said it best. The majority of people want to get vaccinated, want to return to normality, and not have to worry about COVID impacting on their ability to just get back to leading a normal life.

The people who DONT want to get vaccinated because of whatever conspiracy/religious beliefs (not people who medically aren't able to get vaccinated) are a minority that are going to get sick and put strain on hospital systems, provide safe harbor for COVID and give it an environment to mutate, and generally spread the virus more than those who have been vaccinated. So you guys stay at home, and the rest of us will crack on with getting back to normal life. You're welcome to join us in a restaurant, the cinema or an overseas holiday just as soon as you're protected from COVID.
You may have noticed that the "get vaccinated so we can return to normal" narrative has quietly gone the same way the "lockdowns to flatten the curve" and "wear masks to curb the spread" narratives went: you need to get lockdowned/masked/vaccinated to prevent suffrage and/or death to yourself & others from covid.

Normality? Like it was in 2019? Not on the cards if we keep following the way things are being steered.

noxibox

Honorary Master
And next there will be much wringing of hands and wailing, "But why don't they trust us?"

Oh dear…

“Top Biden administration health officials said the game-changer in the debate over whether to change the government’s masking guidance was new data showing that vaccinated people infected with the delta variant carry the same viral load as unvaccinated infected people, according to three people familiar with the data. Vaccinated people are still unlikely to become severely ill, but the data raises questions about how easily they might transmit the disease, the individuals said. Such transmission did not happen in any significant way with earlier strains.”

These vaccines giving the virus a soft target to mutate. Yet they won’t utter a word about the naturally infected because these issues are few and far between. In what universe was/is vaccine induced immunity better than natural immunity.
Generally the advantage of a vaccine is that the immunity is acquired at lower risk. But ignoring the fact that people who had a prior infection have immunity at least as good as a vaccine is plain ridiculous.

Unfortunately there are a lot of mixed messages. Sometimes that message changes based on whatever angle is being pushed. So we see the vaccines being promoted as preventing transmission to encourage getting vaccinated. Then preventing transmission being downplayed to justify requiring masks.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I got a card an unique code , i asume cade can be looked up.
Looks like it is just the EVDS number. They could probably check against that number to see whether you really are vaccinated, but I wonder how easy that will be. Otherwise there are no security features on the card, so it would be trivial to print them.

Hush9300

Expert Member
And next there will be much wringing of hands and wailing, "But why don't they trust us?"

Generally the advantage of a vaccine is that the immunity is acquired at lower risk. But ignoring the fact that people who had a prior infection have immunity at least as good as a vaccine is plain ridiculous.

I concur. But my issue with these vaccines is that there is no medium/long term data and that ADE is a legitimate concern. It’s an issue with natural infection too.

Unfortunately there are a lot of mixed messages. Sometimes that message changes based on whatever angle is being pushed. So we see the vaccines being promoted as preventing transmission to encourage getting vaccinated. Then preventing transmission being downplayed to justify requiring masks.

The problem with these, now confirmed, leaky vaccines is that they relieve the natural pressure on the virus to become less virulent. They may even spawn more virulent variants.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Political response to a health event. The insanity would be laughable if it wasn't so immediate.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
You been watching them dodgy youtube videos again from the anti-vaxxers.
Its not thousands, its far far less. They just can't count cause half of them have covid, polio, smallpox or some freakish Copolipox combo thing cause they're dumbasses.
It is kind of 1000s. Something like 3500 people out of 100 million people vaccinated, according to the 1 website I checked out.
While it is never good when someone dies because of a vaccination, there are a few points to consider:

1. The death rate is 0.000035% of vaccinated people in the USA. Contrast this with the current Covid-19 death rate in the USA of around 1.7% and it's significantly lower.
2. Nobody knows if these people would have died from something anyways. It's like stepping off a kerb and getting knocked over by a car and that being attributed to having the jab.
3. Still the only way we will get back to real life. I wouldn't take the chance to get natural immunity. It's targetting younger people and I don't like gambling.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master
Guess we not faking this puppy....

1629365431979.png

Scanning the QR Code will tell you why, so if you wanna fake it you have to bribe someone :D
Not that I wanna fake it, censored my card for above sample

Last edited: