Covid-19 vaccine might be made mandatory before returning to the office

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
All the guy was saying is that if you get the covid vaccine, you can still get covid, and if you get the flu vaccine, you can still get the flu.

All the value judgement seems to have clouded your ability to simply read what is in front of you in this case.

And if I wear my seatbelt, I can still turn myself into chunky red soup.

It has been scientifically proven that wearing your seatbelt reduces the risk of that happening.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
And if I wear my seatbelt, I can still turn myself into chunky red soup.

It has been scientifically proven that wearing your seatbelt reduces the risk of that happening.
Not the ****ing point the guy was making. What are you trying to do?

LCBXX

Honorary Master
All the guy was saying is that if you get the covid vaccine, you can still get covid, and if you get the flu vaccine, you can still get the flu.

All the value judgement seems to have clouded your ability to simply read what is in front of you in this case.
Forgive them; many honestly, ignorantly, believed that the covid vaccine would be like getting vaccinated against mumps. The reality of perpetual annual, even half-yearly, vaccination, just like it is for the flu, is...difficult...to accept.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
How so?

Just get the jab, it's proven to be safe.

Or don't, and get served a s189 at your offices.

Thousands of people dead from vaccine side effects, but it's safe....

Long term side effects?

Funny thing, do we remember that the US went to war when 3000 people were killed on 9/11, now thousands are dying from the vaccines but it is acceptable.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Labour policy surrounding mandatory vaccinations in the workplace.
Were you previous asked to present a copy of your vaccination card when applying for your job? If yes, for what type of job was it in what industry?

Brontosaurus

Expert Member

Long term side effects?

Funny thing, do we remember that the US went to war when 3000 people were killed on 9/11, now thousands are dying from the vaccines but it is acceptable.

Yeah don't listen to the medical experts, rather make your own educated conclusion I guess.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

Long term side effects?

I see you like gambling:

27.2% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and 13.8% is fully vaccinated.
3.88 billion doses have been administered globally
Source

194 million people had covid of which 4.1 million died
Source

Looking at just the numbers above, "Thousands" even if true is like a bloody small number compared to the other possibility.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
I see you like gambling:

Source

Source

Looking at just the numbers above, "Thousands" even if true is like a bloody small number compared to the other possibility.

Just saying that vaccines in the past have been pulled for less, now thousands is acceptable. Whatever makes you happy though.

And those long term side effects, well we just don't know.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Just saying that vaccines in the past have been pulled for less, now thousands is acceptable. Whatever makes you happy though.

Leave the folks who want to get jabbed, to get jabbed.

I just wish those who want, and have been, jabbed, would shut the fsck up about it and stop hating on those who haven't been, or don't want to be, jabbed.

Gyre

Expert Member

I just wish those who want, and have been, jabbed, would shut the fsck up about it and stop hating on those who haven't been, or don't want to be, jabbed.

I completely agree with you! The people that want it should get it, the people who don't want it shouldn't get it.

MY problem comes in when people are trying to stop people from getting the jab or to reduce herd immunity, or act like THEY'RE the ones being inconvenienced by everyone getting sick around them.

Doesn't help that many people that don't want to get jabbed have to believe in a huge pile of **** conspiracy theories as well which have less evidence than the actual harms of vaccines.

AlphaJohn

Honorary Master

It goes both ways to be honest.

I was in the same camp, did not wanna get a jab till certain facts where known, those became known, but when I was anti jab I did so in the single thread provided for such.... not go spread my gospel all over the entire forum.

R13...

Honorary Master

Where do you get these thousands? I'm sure vaccines will be pulled if a couple of people died and it is proven to be because of a fault in the vaccine.

Gyre

Expert Member
It goes both ways to be honest.

I was in the same camp, did not wanna get a jab till certain facts where known, those became known, but when I was anti jab I did so in the single thread provided for such.... not go spread my gospel all over the entire forum.

I myself am incredibly hesitant for the jab, the one I had for flu years ago was a terrible memory for me and I recently had covid, so anything threatening to recreate the horrible symptoms which almost killed me genuinely scares me, but these things are still common sense.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I completely agree with you! The people that want it should get it, the people who don't want it shouldn't get it.

MY problem comes in when people are trying to stop people from getting the jab or to reduce herd immunity, or act like THEY'RE the ones being inconvenienced by everyone getting sick around them.

Doesn't help that many people that don't want to get jabbed have to believe in a huge pile of **** conspiracy theories as well which have less evidence than the actual harms of vaccines.
We have to be fair on this: discouraging folks to not get jabbed, through whatever conspiracy theory or nonsense argument, is not the same as the threats of not being able to work/travel/etc if you're not jabbed.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Well mine was booked for today,but they moved it to Thursday, I'm okay with that for now :).