Covid-19 vaccine might be made mandatory before returning to the office

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
If you knew someone had the virus was coming to our country, would you let them thru the entry gate?
Great whataboutism, doesn't solve the issue, most people don't know they have covid (asymptomatic, or symptoms show up later).

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
I completely agree with you! The people that want it should get it, the people who don't want it shouldn't get it.

MY problem comes in when people are trying to stop people from getting the jab or to reduce herd immunity, or act like THEY'RE the ones being inconvenienced by everyone getting sick around them.

Doesn't help that many people that don't want to get jabbed have to believe in a huge pile of **** conspiracy theories as well which have less evidence than the actual harms of vaccines.

The Venn diagram of those who refuse the vaccination based on... whatever hokey flavour of batschittery is doing the rounds on facebook or other SM, and those who constantly bitch about lockdowns, booze bans, curfews, etc; overlaps quite considerably.

It's quite a case of wanting your bread buttered on both sides; you want your freedoms and an end to stupid lockdowns, bur refuse to play your part in making it happen.

Anyway, this thread has veered somewhat off course (no thanks in part to myself).

MrGyre

Executive Member
Great whataboutism, doesn't solve the issue, most people don't know they have covid (asymptomatic, or symptoms show up later).

I want to be clear on what your stance is here - you are saying people spreading misinformation is less harmful than people being asked to get tested before traveling, returning to work, etc?

And your stance on a system failing 1% of the time is what?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I want to be clear on what your stance is here - you are saying people spreading misinformation is less harmful than people being asked to get tested before traveling, returning to work, etc?

And your stance on a system failing 1% of the time is what?
No, you're trying to say that if they had gotten tested, all would be solved, it wouldn't. You can stop blaming it on the people that came back, the people that traveled, etc., it would have eventually ended up in South Africa. Move on, there's a viable solution which is vaccines, just get it once you're able to.
I am completely against the misinformation, the anti-vacccine people, the retarded IVM and HSQ/AZM people, etc.
The amount of misinformation in regards to vaccine fatalities/injuries/etc. is just insane. At one point I might end up just summarizing all the arguments/info into one thread so people can just link to that, since people keep posting the same nonsense over and over again.
I trust the UAE.

The winner of the TDF this year, third place in the Olympic road race, Tadej Pogacar, was vaccinated with it in Feb. I trust results.
I can't tell if sarcasm or serious, we're living in strange times.

MrGyre

Executive Member
No, you're trying to say that if they had gotten tested, all would be solved, it wouldn't. You can stop blaming it on the people that came back, the people that traveled, etc., it would have eventually ended up in South Africa. Move on, there's a viable solution which is vaccines, just get it once you're able to.
I am completely against the misinformation, the anti-vacccine people, the retarded IVM and HSQ/AZM people, etc.
The amount of misinformation in regards to vaccine fatalities/injuries/etc. is just insane. At one point I might end up just summarizing all the arguments/info into one thread so people can just link to that, since people keep posting the same nonsense over and over again.

I can't tell if sarcasm or serious, we're living in strange times.

The guy I am replying to suggest we scrap it altogether, and you take issue with my post? It would have eventually ended up in South Africa, I agree, but I was explaining how easy it was for one person to **** something up. Abandoning the system would let in thousands.

So I assumed you were misunderstanding where I was coming from, and that your stance wasn't "one person is going to get in eventually anyway, why fight it?" like the person I am replying to :p

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Our company has already said you can have it or not have it
It's your own personal choice

Imagine if someone drops dead at work next month coz they were forced to take the vaccine?

How do you proof in court it was the jab or not. There is gonna be plenty of lawsuits

pinball wizard

Honorary Master

Imagine if someone drops dead at work next month coz they were forced to take the vaccine?

How do you proof in court it was the jab or not. There is gonna be plenty of lawsuits
No right thinking corporate is going to force employees to take a vaccine.

Brontosaurus

Expert Member

No one is forcing them to take the vaccine.

They might have to just seek alternative employment.