Covid-19 vaccine might be made mandatory before returning to the office

zolly

Expert Member
We don't know the long term consequences THAT is the issue. You take your potential ticking time-bomb, I'll wait and see.

A lot of things you eat (see most fast foods) and drink (see alcohol) are actual ticking time bombs, but they just work slow enough that people like you don't realise they are killing you. But what's the bet you eat and drink things that are unhealthy for you?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
A lot of things you eat (see most fast foods) and drink (see alcohol) are actual ticking time bombs, but they just work slow enough that people like you don't realise they are killing you. But what's the bet you eat and drink things that are unhealthy for you?

No, I eat healthy. I'm well aware of the dangers of fast food, preservatives, etc. that's WHY I eat as healthy as possible, fruit, vegetables, grains, nuts, ginger, etc.

Not to say I never eat something like a chocolate every now and then but that is not my lifestyle. I like my immune system fit and ready to fight whatever comes it's way.

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
And yet the jelly tot will remain uneaten

If I need to eat that jelly tot every time to get me around, I'm eating that jelly tot.

The difference is in this analogy I need to get in my car to go somewhere. If there was a safer mode of transport I'd absolutely take it instead of getting in my car.

Also, your 1 / 101 is a bullschit ratio as not all, in fact very few, car accidents result in a fatality.

Brontosaurus

Expert Member
No, I eat healthy. I'm well aware of the dangers of fast food, preservatives, etc. that's WHY I eat as healthy as possible, fruit, vegetables, grains, nuts, ginger, etc.

Not to say I never eat something like a chocolate every now and then but that is not my lifestyle. I like my immune system fit and ready to fight whatever comes it's way.

Tell that to my colleague who did the iron man two years ago.

Oh wait, you can't. He died of Covid complications.

DA-LION-619

Honorary Master

What about beetroot?

Temujin

Honorary Master
If I need to eat that jelly tot every time to get me around, I'm eating that jelly tot.

The difference is in this analogy I need to get in my car to go somewhere. If there was a safer mode of transport I'd absolutely take it instead of getting in my car.

Also, your 1 / 101 is a bullschit ratio as not all, in fact very few, car accidents result in a fatality.
Walking.... bicycle... :whistling:

SoldierMan

Executive Member
What about beetroot?

Used to eat a lot but not anymore for some reason. Even used to juice the beetroot and other fruits.

But don't do the juicing thing anymore as I eat the whole fruit now. Still squeeze fresh orange juice though.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Tell that to my colleague who did the iron man two years ago.

Oh wait, you can't. He died of Covid complications.

Did he eat healthy?

Being super fit does not equal a good immune system, only eating healthy and getting enough Vitamin D will do that, in fact if you are sick you shouldn't exercise as it drains resources.

I never said not to treat Covid. Vitamin D, intravenous Vitamin C, zinc and Desloratadine among others according to the FLCCC protocol.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
We don't know the long term consequences THAT is the issue. You take your potential ticking time-bomb, I'll wait and see.
What we know about mRNA adds to our confidence in the safety of these new vaccines. While this technology seems new, these vaccines are the culmination of more than three decades of research. Researchers have studied the use of mRNA in vaccines for influenza, Zika, and rabies. It’s also been studied as a treatment for cancer.

The Pfizer/Biotech and Moderna mRNA vaccines contain an mRNA molecule wrapped in a lipid nanoparticle (LNP) envelope. The LNP is a biodegradable ball of fat with a half-life of about two hours. It lasts just long enough to protect the mRNA from degrading before it enters your cells. The mRNA itself is a blueprint — detailed instructions for the cells to create harmless pieces of a specific spike protein that’s found on the surface of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Once the mRNA uses the body’s cells to make this spike protein piece, the mRNA also degrades and disappears, as mRNA always does.

In mammalian cells, mRNA lifetimes range from several minutes to several days. The mRNA molecule in a COVID-19 vaccine begins to disintegrate after about six hours and is completely gone in 48. Meanwhile, your body recognizes that the spike protein doesn’t belong and starts creating antibodies to remove it. These are the same kind of antibodies you would make during a natural COVID-19 illness, and it prepares your immune system to fight the actual virus if you encounter it.

“After two days, there’s nothing left of the mRNA, and the lipid envelope is long gone,” Stuopis emphasizes. “Nothing sticks around to cause problems in the future. And while the mRNA inserts itself into the body’s cells and uses the cellular machinery to create that harmless piece of spike protein, it cannot possibly affect your DNA, because it never enters the cell’s nucleus, where your DNA resides.”

While doctors and scientists consider the risks of vaccination to be very low, the risks of COVID-19 are very real, even for children. “It’s true that COVID-19 is a mild illness for most children,” Stuopis acknowledges. “But I’d still consider the risk of complications from infection with the virus to be higher than any risk of long-term complications from vaccination.”

More than 4,000 children in the U.S. have developed a serious but rare complication of COVID-19 known as multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C). And there have been increasing reports of children exhibiting long-term complications similar to those of adult “long haulers.” A study of 129 Italian children diagnosed with COVID-19 between March and November, 2020, found that more than half reported at least one symptom persisting for four months or longer. These persistent symptoms included fatigue, muscle and joint pain, headache, insomnia, respiratory problems, and heart palpitations; 42.6 percent reported that these symptoms interfered with their ability to participate in normal daily activities. Already, hospitals in Michigan and Kentucky have created specialized clinics to treat pediatric long-haulers.

noxibox

Honorary Master
A study of 129 children isn’t convincing. Neither is the study that speculated children spread the virus as effectively as adults. Whoever wrote this article is doing themselves no favours by including the Italian study or misrepresenting South Korean one.

noxibox

Honorary Master
So if i dont get the jab i can work from home?
That’s the way it reads. Get vaccinated so you can be forced back into the office.

Nope, but you can stay at home when you get fired.
In South Africa they cannot simply fire an employee for refusing. The worst they can do is retrench.

If you think I got the jab because it's cool, you're sorely mistaken. I was hesitant for a long time until data started coming out, once I saw the figures and spoke to people who actually are researchers in the field, I made an informed decision..
People saying the above were labelled anti-vaccine. In fact you recently insulted people who were hesitant.

It's a 2% mortality rate as per is admission.

If I give you 50 jelly tots and told you 1 of those will kill you, you won't eat a jelly tot.
If you said 2% people might still eat some.

What these idiots also fail to understand, is even if Covid doesn't kill you, it can seriously cripple you. This fact is conveniently ignored when these anti-vaxxers spout their nonsense.
So tell me what is the chance of being killed by COVID-19? I don’t mean the percentage of cases that result in death either.

And what is the chance of being seriously crippled? Not the percentage of people who have had COVID-19 that experience serious long term consequences.

How do these compare to other risks in life?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
In South Africa they cannot simply fire an employee for refusing. The worst they can do is retrench.
I don't see how. Our labour laws are explicit, and with recourse via the CCMA, you cannot simply retrench non-vaccinated people with the thought to replace them with vaccinated ones. Retrenchment laws here make it very clear that the position must be redundant and cannot be simply recreated and filled.

noxibox

Honorary Master
A lot of things you eat (see most fast foods) and drink (see alcohol) are actual ticking time bombs, but they just work slow enough that people like you don't realise they are killing you.
Unless you live primarily or exclusively on those things it is pretty much nonsense to claim they are killing you.

Chocolate is good for you though.

The reality though is that regardless of what the propaganda says no-one knows what the optimal diet for any human being entails. We simply aren’t there in our knowledge yet. All we can say is that some diets are usually bad. But we don’t have good general recommendations. The recommended daily intake of salt can be bad for one person because it is too high and bad for another because it is too low.

It is magical thinking to believe your diet is going to protect you. An adequate diet is simply the baseline.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Thousands of people dead from vaccine side effects, but it's safe....

Long term side effects?

Funny thing, do we remember that the US went to war when 3000 people were killed on 9/11, now thousands are dying from the vaccines but it is acceptable.
What percentage is that of people who have had the vaccine, but are fine?

noxibox

Honorary Master
I don't see how. Our labour laws are explicit, and with recourse via the CCMA, you cannot simply retrench non-vaccinated people with the thought to replace them with vaccinated ones. Retrenchment laws here make it very clear that the position must be redundant and cannot be simply recreated and filled.
I meant they could follow that process. Companies can retrench for other reasons. The case of requiring vaccination would not be the equivalent of simply recreating the position. I’ve no doubt though that this is going to be a minefield. I also expect that industries that already have a skills shortage are not going to be in a position to lose the people they have over vaccination. I also think it is going to be hard to argue being vaccinated is even necessary for a business.