Covid-19 vaccine registration and rollout dates for over-35s announced

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Covid-19 vaccine rollout extended to over-35s in South Africa — when you can get it

Acting health minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane announced that 35 to 49 year-olds would be able to register for their vaccine from mid-July, with the rollout set to begin in August.

Kubayi-Ngubane said in a media briefing on Friday that the Health Department has also secured funding from Treasury to start administering vaccines on weekends. This is also set to start around 1 August.

While Gauteng continues to be the epicentre of the third wave of Covid-19 infections, Kubayi-Ngubane said that it appears that the country is now reaching its peak in cases.

However, she said that there was now concern that the third wave would start to increase in other provinces, including the Western Cape and Limpopo.

eg2505

Honorary Master
1 year off :(
or maybe its 35 and up? then I will go register, before I'm forced to get it from work.

Speedster

Honorary Master

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Take it from someone that has had shot #1, wear comfortable shoes and take snacks with. The queue is going to be long, and you will be mixed with 2nd dose 50 and up. I am going for my 2nd shot on 17th August.
BTW, the next day it will feel like you have been punched hard in the arm, but it soon fades.
I guess that's Bill Gates microchip. Can I get Windows 11 now?

karnuffel

Expert Member
Take it from someone that has had shot #1, wear comfortable shoes and take snacks with. The queue is going to be long, and you will be mixed with 2nd dose 50 and up. I am going for my 2nd shot on 17th August.
BTW, the next day it will feel like you have been punched hard in the arm, but it soon fades.
Gotta wait till 17 Aug ;)

VooDooC

Expert Member
As long as it has built in Wifi, it's all good

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Good news: Vaccine in my age group.
Bad news: Long queues.

Such is life, will get there when available.

What's the site or manner to register? I've not taken note of anything prior.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Careful. Every time you use your USB port you'll get the clap.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Need.

More.

Covid.

Duplicate.

Threads.

Because it just makes sense to have conversations split up between duplicate threads. One thing I wish MyBB forum could sort out.

/insert excuse here

Okty

Expert Member
Yep agreed. If they bring out that Sinovac, I'm leaving.
Is it possible to request what vaccine you want with registration?

I assume it's whatever they have at the vaccination site.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Is it possible to request what vaccine you want with registration?

I assume it's whatever they have at the vaccination site.
I don't know. I'm hoping I can get mine from a Discovery site. I'm sure they won't be using the Sinovac ones.

My biggest issue with Sinovac is it's efficiency. It's far too low.

Markd

Expert Member
My tenant just told me she knows two covid victims. She also knows of two deaths following vaccination.

Get your death jab yeah!

because their deaths were definitely caused by the vaccine right :rolleyes:

Cant wait to get my shot(s)! looking forward to seeing whether or not I develop the super power of magnetism that has been reported, or, like my family and older friends.....nothing happens.

I'm not aware of any vaccines being provided other than Pfizer and J&J. Given that I live in a suburb, I expect to be getting the Pfizer jabs.