Covid-19 vaccine registration and rollout dates for over-35s announced

Leno

Expert Member
If you have registered but do not have a voucher number, proceed on Dischem to try book , one of the first steps they give you your number.

Found this out while trying to book but Dischem dont have Baywest PE on their system for some reason

blunt

Expert Member
I got an email confirming I had the shot yesterday. Lots of SMSs though. No vaccinvation passport given so probably after the second one.
It was Pfizer. There were a number of these stations open around PLZ yesterday, so I wonder how they've been able to do so whilst government says 1 August. I am not complaining.
No side effects other than a stiff muscle where I got the jab. Bit of a restless night's sleep too. Otherwise fine.
Didn't you get your vaccine card? My parents got it after their first shot and it states the first shot with batch details date etc and on 2nd they just fill in the 2nd.

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Didn't you get your vaccine card? My parents got it after their first shot and it states the first shot with batch details date etc and on 2nd they just fill in the 2nd.
No I didn't and I know of some others who didn't, whilst others did. My wife got hers a while back. It all seems pretty random at the moment. Not sure if Clicks will give one after the first shot whilst Dischem only give one after the second (sort of to get you to go back!).

JohnStarr

Executive Member
If you have registered but do not have a voucher number, proceed on Dischem to try book , one of the first steps they give you your number.

Found this out while trying to book but Dischem dont have Baywest PE on their system for some reason
Go to NMMU or Momentum Health (the church around the corner is doing it). They take walk-ins. Nobody at either place had a booking.
They check your temperature & disinfect your hands. Stand in the queue and then go in. They disinfect your hands again, and capture your details before you get your jab and wait 15 minutes. It really was painless and well run.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Or, find a walk-in station. They pull your details off a tablet. They didn't even check my SMS confirmation. Just your ID card/book needed or even a driver's license (heard one person ask if they could use this yesterday).
This will push vaccination numbers up considerably.
Damn. I lost my ID. I'm hoping they will give me the shot using an affidavit and a copy of my ID (I fly that way without issue so if the airlines accept it, I'm hoping these people will do too).

JohnStarr

Executive Member
Damn. I lost my ID. I'm hoping they will give me the shot using an affidavit and a copy of my ID (I fly that way without issue so if the airlines accept it, I'm hoping these people will do too).
Try using your drivers. I did overhear someone asking about that yesterday before I went in and the nurse said they'd have no issues with that.

Mercury12

Expert Member
I was there yesterday taking my mom for her second shot. I managed to get my 1st shot as well at the same time. Wasn't busy at all. No lines at all.

Lines for me is an encouraging sign that is youngsters are taking this seriously.

Hope it doesn't take too long

You are right, Im not convinced the majority of over 35s are all that keen. Or maybe its typical laziness from people. It was reported this morning we had 1 million registrations over 24hrs but considering there are 9 million 35s-49s should have been higher I feel. There were 500k registrations for over 50s in 24hrs and that population size is over 4 million.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
Booked on Discovery and got an error and left it. This was 2 weeks ago.
Booked on the Dischem site Wednesday night, and did a walk-in at a vaccination station in PLZ yesterday. No issues.
Now I have started getting messages from Discovery about what to do next, in spite of the errors received a few weeks ago stating I wasn't really registered. Go figure.
Discovery's system is borked. The online booking, when I tried to schedule, it defaulted to another member of my medical aid. In the Discovery portal I log in fine as my user, but once I log into the self service I am another user of my medical aid. Support is puzzled by this.

I also know of someone who had a appointment for the second dose, but when the person arrived the person wasn't on the system and had to resubmit...

Strange.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Drivers licence also works.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You are right, Im not convinced the majority of over 35s are all that keen. Or maybe its typical laziness from people. It was reported this morning we had 1 million registrations over 24hrs but considering there are 9 million 35s-49s should have been higher I feel. There were 500k registrations for over 50s in 24hrs and that population size is over 4 million.
The system is so bad that it cant handle the demand for people wanting to register. Vax centres are getting priority over Internet access on top of it as well. So the numbers registering at the moment is determined by the capacity of the system, not by the demand for registrations.

Tjoker

Expert Member
Got my Pfizer shot this morning at Tygervalley Clicks. The lady told me yesterday afternoon, as a walk-in, just be there early early and maybe they can squeeze me in. Waited an hour and got a spot.

Stay away from Parow Center Dischem, that queue for walk-ins is insane.....

EDIT: Cancelled my Dischem appointment for 21 July. People must not forget to do this to free up a slot for someone else

nazmo

Expert Member
Discovery's system is borked. The online booking, when I tried to schedule, it defaulted to another member of my medical aid. In the Discovery portal I log in fine as my user, but once I log into the self service I am another user of my medical aid. Support is puzzled by this.

I also know of someone who had a appointment for the second dose, but when the person arrived the person wasn't on the system and had to resubmit...

Strange.

discovery portal useless. i could only book from aug 1 onwards. just did a walk in

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
90 mins at CTICC as a walk in. super impressed. 5G signal strong... ques long. i think our age group actually is taking this seriously
You are in serious trouble! The 5G signal has ruined your immunity! :unsure: :unsure::unsure::unsure::cool:

Get someone to check the back of your neck. If there is a lump emitting a pulsing green light the chip has been activated as well! :cool: