Covid-19 vaccine registration and rollout dates for over-35s announced

Currantly

Expert Member
Got my Pfizer shot this morning at Tygervalley Clicks. The lady told me yesterday afternoon, as a walk-in, just be there early early and maybe they can squeeze me in. Waited an hour and got a spot.

Stay away from Parow Center Dischem, that queue for walk-ins is insane.....

EDIT: Cancelled my Dischem appointment for 21 July. People must not forget to do this to free up a slot for someone else

I was there as a walk-in too; arrived just after 8am, told them I'd received a text saying they were accepting 'walk-ins', got a little resistance, then told I was the last one they'd accept for the day. Other people arrived later than me and were apparently still accepted as 'walk-ins'. As a 'walk-in', I was given a numbered sticker after they'd taken down my details, but the order they took people in was just according to how we were seated outside. Took much longer than I was expecting -only got out after almost 4 hours.

richjdavies

Expert Member
That is still too long.
I just went to Clicks Adderley street this morning (almost walking distance from CTICC).

All you needed was registration, not voucher number.

All of us were walk ins (from what I could tell)... Got there about 10am, was about 20 people in front of me, by the time i left 11:30 (having been jabbed, and been waiting 15 mins incase of keel over) I dont think there was a queue. Certainly the first 5 took about an hour, then by the they were up to me they were doing a 7 people every 15 mins (7 in a vial am told). So the people who joined after me probably waited about 15 mins...

Ps - got a sa vaccine card thing that shows passport/id, batch number and dose 1, 2... 3?!

Pps - that was effectively NON medical aid (my international cover is not in SA med aid scheme database). Had called wynberg pharmacy earlier and been told if not recognised med aid then go elsewhere

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I just went to Clicks Adderley street this morning (almost walking distance from CTICC).

All you needed was registration, not voucher number.

All of us were walk ins (from what I could tell)... Got there about 10am, was about 20 people in front of me, by the time i left 11:30 (having been jabbed, and been waiting 15 mins incase of keel over) I dont think there was a queue. Certainly the first 5 took about an hour, then by the they were up to me they were doing a 7 people every 15 mins (7 in a vial am told). So the people who joined after me probably waited about 15 mins...
6 in a vial, BUT with a certain type of syringe there have been suggestions that another shot was possible? I am personally not convinced about that 7th dose though.
Ps - got a sa vaccine card thing that shows passport/id, batch number and dose 1, 2... 3?!

Pps - that was effectively NON medical aid (my international cover is not in SA med aid scheme database). Had called wynberg pharmacy earlier and been told if not recognised med aid then go elsewhere
The GP cards have a place for 2 shots plus another for a flu vaccination.

Yes, there is still never-ending arguments about uninsured people, EVEN at public government vaccinations sites.

blunt

Expert Member
Just got done at N1 city virgin. Quite busy here, no walk ins accepted they all got turned away.

All given their vaccine cards to take home.

Praemon

Expert Member
Got my vaccine at CTICC. Took 1.5 hours and had a booking. Staff were really friendly, however, I'm 99% sure the one person sent me to the wrong queue (walk-ins) rather than the one for bookings, which added an extra 1 hour :p

Last edited:

jun_tao

Expert Member
Got mine today. I went to a public site but got turned away at the gate. They said cos I wasn't over 50.
Took a chance at the clicks up the road and was done in 2 hours.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Got mine today. I went to a public site but got turned away at the gate. They said cos I wasn't over 50.
Took a chance at the clicks up the road and was done in 2 hours.
Ja, that makes sense! The only places Dr Crisp can really throw his weight around is at public venues.
except in WC, where they follow their own rules and think for themselves.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Gallagher was flowing smoothly, whole process took 75mins.
Now I wait to see signs of growth of my 5th limb.

Arzy

Honorary Master
Done. Took 4 hours because the stupid vaccine site allowed walk-in's all morning stuffing up the process for those with bookings and causing them to almost run out of vaccines.

46Female

Expert Member
Do you think they will eventually force people to get the vaccination?

Meister-Man

Expert Member
Done. Took 4 hours because the stupid vaccine site allowed walk-in's all morning stuffing up the process for those with bookings and causing them to almost run out of vaccines.
Yesterday afternoon just before 3pm, I was turned away with a booking for this very reason.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Got mine too today, at Clicks N1 City. Arrived at 09h00, got the jab at around 15h30. The majority were walk-ins, with very few actual bookings.

simonbee

Gallagher was flowing smoothly, whole process took 75mins.
Now I wait to see signs of growth of my 5th limb.
did you have a booking? what age group are you in? I am in the 35 to 50 group and am thinking of trying my luck this weekend as a walk-in

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Do you think they will eventually force people to get the vaccination?
I don't think our government will have the guts or inclination to try something like this until after the elections. Secondly, there would be no point until the magic "herd immunity" 67% of the population is reached.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
did you have a booking? what age group are you in? I am in the 35 to 50 group and am thinking of trying my luck this weekend as a walk-in
If you have the time I would go for it. The worst would be that they chase you away. At a public vaccination site that is enforcing the 1 August rule, you will be chased away.

Meister-Man

Expert Member
I had a booking, I'm in 35 to 50 group, but they were also accepting walk ins.

46Female

Expert Member
I don't think our government will have the guts or inclination to try something like this until after the elections. Secondly, there would be no point until the magic "herd immunity" 67% of the population is reached.
well im in this age 35 to 50 group now and they have already reached the target