Covid-19 vaccine registration and rollout dates for over-35s announced

chrisc

Honorary Master
Daughter (38) has a booking for 4th August at Virgin Active Claremont
They also do walk-ins

Daughter (38) has a booking for 4th August at Virgin Active Claremont
They also do walk-ins

If I may offer some advice from my parents who got their 2nd jab there: try and go early (before 8 am). The queues can get quite long and there is no (or very little) seating.

neoprema

Executive Member
So I managed to get mine today as a walk-in. All good other than muscle pain/bruise where the injection was given. I know by now, as I get the flu one every year, that I must force my arm to relax and I get no bruising or pain, but I was tense and concentrating on the surroundings and forgot - and now i'm gonna pay for the next 2 weeks lol.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Total completed vaccinations is now: 963 402 + 710 750 = 1 674 152.

That is (assuming the population is 50.3 million), only 3.3% of the population Long, long way to go.

1626465094745.png

ebendl

Expert Member
Got mine as well today. Walk-in at Clicks. Was nr 10 in the queue, went just after 14:00. Took a while - bout 1.5 hours. Only had one Sister doing the injections.

marco79

Expert Member
Does the CTICC accept Discovery walk-ins?

I'm thinking of going today for the jab.

D.B.Cooper

Expert Member
Sho that is a long wait. That many people?
They only have enough space to do three or so people at a time coupled with the fifteen minute wait afterwards. That's what slowed things down so much.

radicool

Does anybody know which sites are open on weekends and might take walk-ins?

Are the Clicks sites the actual stores (compared to Dischem sites which seem to be special vaccination sites they have set up)?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Ludicrous. What’s the point of bookings if they aren’t sticking to them?
The logical thing is 3 queues. PROPERLY MARKED with Marshall's assisting at the END of the queue, NOT the start of the queue!
Again as usual ALL these things FAIL because management fails.
Why 3 queues?
1 for 2nd shots.
2 for appointments
3 for walk ins.
Everyone's needs catered for.

ebendl

Expert Member
Does anybody know how to cancel a booking at Dischem?

I was able to get my 1st Pfizer jab by doing a walk-in at Clicks. So I cancelled my Discovery one for the 1st of Aug, but no idea how to cancel the Dischem one on 27 July.

Interestingly enough when I now go through the process at Dischem, I get an error saying it can't find a voucher against my ID number. I'm guessing this is because I actually got the first vaccine shot and pretty much have to wait for the second one now?