Covid-19 vaccine registration and rollout dates for over-35s announced

Arzy

Honorary Master
I have just tried to do the same with the 4 I am about to take for their 2nd dose tomorrow and according to that system, they don't exist, have not registered and don't have any details captured? Yet they all have vax cards?
No idea, just saying what worked for me

LCBXX

Honorary Master
No the last incident when I probably OD'd on caffeine was the first one I had in over a decade. Totally forgot about it before then. (This happened just before the first lockdown)
Have it checked out, mate. No excuse of you have medical aid not to. They'll do a basic EKG for you in Casualty and let you know if there's a need for more checks.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Believe it does, I registered on evds, didn't get a voucher sms there and just made a booking using the link at which point I was given a voucher number.
I stopped short of completing the process since the centres in CT are way too far for me. Even with Uber as I have to work. Well, unless I do it over a weekend, but I'm not sure which weekends in August I'll be in CT.

FWIW, I did get the voucher number after entering my ID number. So I'm not sure if that triggered some process via the Dischem channel, or whether I'm still reliant on EVDS to provide me a slot.

mjzar

I stopped short of completing the process since the centres in CT are way too far for me. Even with Uber as I have to work. Well, unless I do it over a weekend, but I'm not sure which weekends in August I'll be in CT.

FWIW, I did get the voucher number after entering my ID number. So I'm not sure if that triggered some process via the Dischem channel, or whether I'm still reliant on EVDS to provide me a slot.
Noticed the same. Looks like you can use Dischem booking website to retrieve/generate the EVDS voucher code
if you didnt get the SMS

noxibox

Honorary Master
The logical thing is 3 queues. PROPERLY MARKED with Marshall's assisting at the END of the queue, NOT the start of the queue!
Again as usual ALL these things FAIL because management fails.
Why 3 queues?
1 for 2nd shots.
2 for appointments
3 for walk ins.
Everyone's needs catered for.
Well some people got very bent out of shape when it was suggested that perhaps vaccine sites are not being run as efficiently as they could be. Apparently only certified vaccine site experts are able to spot the bottlenecks, etc.

JayM

Expert Member
Is there anywhere in/near Sandton doing walk-ins that isn't very busy? I've got Dischem booked next week but it's a bit far.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Spent another 5 hours assisting 4 people to get their 2nd jabs yesterday. The queue management issues at the centre is no better than it was the first time around! It is still a mess of crossing queues poor control and chaos.
At least there was a separate queue for 2nd jabs.

I have now spent 9 days at 5 hours each in queues helping people get their jabs. I think I have every right to complain about poor management by now.

R13...

Honorary Master
Spent another 5 hours assisting 4 people to get their 2nd jabs yesterday. The queue management issues at the centre is no better than it was the first time around! It is still a mess of crossing queues poor control and chaos.
At least there was a separate queue for 2nd jabs.

I have now spent 9 days at 5 hours each in queues helping people get their jabs. I think I have every right to complain about poor management by now.
You should claim financial compensation as a marshall or something. Why do these people need your assistance? Old with no other family to help them?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

Just go to Durbanville CHC, only need your ID

Messugga

Honorary Master
Is there anywhere in/near Sandton doing walk-ins that isn't very busy? I've got Dischem booked next week but it's a bit far.
Not The Marc, I'll tell you that much. Was in the area this morning and thought I'd go have a look. Big queue outside in the freezing wind. Noped out of there.

I actually agree with an ANC minister...what is wrong with me today? :eek:

The national health department is proposing that the government stop providing coronavirus vaccines to specific sectors of the economy and switch to a solely age-based system for determining who is eligible for a shot.

Such an approach would be in line with that originally proposed by Business for SA, which has consistently said age-based stratification would be the simplest and fairest way to go.

The government is currently offering Covid-19 vaccines to people aged 35 and older, along with people working in key sectors such as basic education and security. This multipronged strategy had proven administratively cumbersome and time-consuming, said acting health minister Mmamoloko Kubayi.

“It is not efficient, it is not effective, and it removes us from ensuring we move in terms of the mass rollout and get the numbers we want,” she told parliament’s portfolio committee on health on Wednesday night.

“There is a call for media personnel to come through. Others will say the religious sector, others the retail sector, and others petrol attendants. And others will say we have municipalities, dealing with services,” said Kubayi.

Verifying people’s employment was not always straightforward, particularly for those working in the informal sector. “We are trying to find mechanisms that are inclusive and give all South Africans the opportunity to be vaccinated,” she said

blah99

Expert Member
Anyone attended the Discovery facility in Broadacres? Hows the queue?

hashbrown99

Expert Member
Got an sms from Discovery from inviting me to book for a vaccination even though I haven't been a client of theirs for a decade plus. Used that to book for a jab on the 7th at Gallagher as that is the first date that suits my current work schedule. I've heard nothing but good things about their organization of the process so I'll wait for the 7th. Am also on the waiting list in case of a cancellation and an earlier opportunity (close to where I work so fairly easy to slip out :whistling:)

Not waiting for a quavament assigned appointment. My mom's was cancelled last week because of the looting and rioting chaos and 10 days later still not reassigned so going to try my luck at our local Clicks early tomorrow morning where they prioritize elderly walk-in patients. Dischem has no slots for weeks