Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Vaccine registrations record in South Africa

Acting health minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane announced that South Africa saw a million vaccination registrations in under 24 hours.

This is after registrations opened for people aged 35–49 yesterday.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
I was going to go with "Geriatric millennials and Gen-X set vaccine registration record in South Africa", along with a trollface, but then decided to keep it professional instead. Being the boss sucks :whistling:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I was going to go with "Geriatric millennials and Gen-X set vaccine registration record in South Africa", along with a trollface, but then decided to keep it professional instead. Being the boss sucks :whistling:
More like finally SA's tax payers get a chance.

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
rather get records for people getting the injection then just people registering.
Those only technically open up on 1 August... but I'm told that you can roll up to a vaccination clinic before that date (as long as they are not too busy) and get your shot so long as you are registered in the EVDS.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Well the part heading towards retirement :)
wankers in their twenties are not economically active or earn so little they hardly register in the tax base. Over 50's are also a shrinking part of the tax base as they head to retirement. The big earners in that age group are mossack fonseca types anyway.

The meat of SA's tax base is in this 30-50 year age bracket.

Lupus

Honorary Master
wankers in their twenties are not economically active or earn so little they hardly register in the tax base. Over 50's are also a shrinking part of the tax base as they head to retirement. The big earners in that age group are mossack fonseca types anyway.

The meat of SA's tax base is in this 30-50 year age bracket.
I know, I am apart of that group :)

BCR

Expert Member
To me, the registrations mean nothing if your details sit in the system for weeks, like mine seem to be -I registered on the 1st July, so it's over 2 weeks ; more elderly family of mine waited about a month to get their 1st Pfizer jab.

Think I'm going to be pro-active and go to a pharmacy (this afternoon) I spoke to this morning to try get it by the so-called "walk-in" that's on offer.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
To me, the registrations mean nothing if your details sit in the system for weeks, like mine seem to be -I registered on the 1st July, so it's over 2 weeks ; more elderly family of mine waited about a month to get their 1st Pfizer jab.
Surely by now, everyone knows that the register and wait game is pointless.

I thought everyone knew to register and then book via medical aid or dischem/clicks, or register and go to nearest site offering walk-ins.

BCR

Expert Member
Surely by now, everyone knows that the register and wait game is pointless.

I thought everyone knew to register and then book via medical aid or dischem/clicks, or register and go to nearest site offering walk-ins.
I'm sure people know about it, but what puts me off is the potentially much longer wait to get slotted in.
Going in the afternoon gives them limited time, as they close at 5pm, so either they'll reject me after 2 hrs., or do it at that time.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Those only technically open up on 1 August... but I'm told that you can roll up to a vaccination clinic before that date (as long as they are not too busy) and get your shot so long as you are registered in the EVDS.
Yeah a friend of mine went yesterday lunch time and got hers done. :oops: Talk about quick, Pfizer jab, did it via Dischem online here in Somerset West

j4ck455

Executive Member
:ROFL: o_O:unsure:

Jan, correct me if I'm assuming your age group, but aren't you in this age group that is now eligible to register for vaccination?

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
:ROFL: o_O:unsure:

Jan, correct me if I'm assuming your age group, but aren't you in this age group that is now eligible to register for vaccination?
I am indeed allegedly a "geriatric millennial".

But being called one doesn't trigger me as much as it does others :laugh:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I am indeed allegedly a "geriatric millennial".

But being called one doesn't trigger me as much as it does others :laugh:
I remember somebody a couple years ago claiming that he was a Xillennial.