COVID-19 - Western Cape versus Gauteng

markings

Expert Member

zunaidp

As an outsider, something "smells fishy" here. I think the ANC's agenda is to drive high numbers in the Western Cape so that the DA can lose some support.

Lupus

Honorary Master
As an outsider, something "smells fishy" here. I think the ANC's agenda is to drive high numbers in the Western Cape so that the DA can lose some support.
They can barely string two sentences together now you think there is a conspiracy. The WC is doing a better job of doing the right kind of testing, while the ANC areas are still fumbling and allowing the private sector to keep up the testing numbers, which generally would be sick people going to their doctors.

thechamp

Honorary Master
They can barely string two sentences together now you think there is a conspiracy. The WC is doing a better job of doing the right kind of testing, while the ANC areas are still fumbling and allowing the private sector to keep up the testing numbers, which generally would be sick people going to their doctors.
Never stand in the way of a good conspiracy.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Yes, apparently they used this past week to bus the infected into the western cape.

• Haha
Reactions: McT

krycor

Honorary Master

Nope.. it's dumb not to expect WC numbers to be the worse. Where do all those tourists go.. oh yes, WC. duh.

Btw the answer most people give is they test more so they expect more case.. but this is very disingenuous as according NCID data, Gauteng did more tests than WC but a good margin, per % population yes.. WC did more testing. That being said, the % positive for the number of tests does not line up with the belief that its just number fudging.

So yah.. I think the DA is getting ready to lose Cpt next year. Open up and people die = dead, leave close and people die = dead.. mean time reast of the country is likely dropping 1-2 levels soon.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
The irony here is that the increase in cases in the WC are under lockdown level 5 conditions, becuase there is an up to 21 day incubation period and up to 10 days delay in test results.

So how the hell can going back to Level 5 make things better? Besides, L4 is just barely more activity anyway, in fact, worse in some cases by forcing people outdoors for 3 hours in the morning all close together and home by 8pm.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The irony here is that the increase in cases in the WC are under lockdown level 5 conditions, becuase there is an up to 21 day incubation period and up to 10 days delay in test results.

So how the hell can going back to Level 5 make things better? Besides, L4 is just barely more activity anyway, in fact, worse in some cases by forcing people outdoors for 3 hours in the morning all close together and home by 8pm.
Yup it's scare tactics, they are also talking about locking up Johannesburg again as well, it's like really guys this was all during the freaking lockdown. Last night saw the cops actually pull someone over at 8pm last night outside my property, full on searching her car, like wtf.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
And you can literally spend all day in the malls and shops, walk around freely as much as you like.

But hell no, you can't walk around your deserted street during the day.

Lupus

Honorary Master
And you can literally spend all day in the malls and shops, walk around freely as much as you like.

But hell no, you can't walk around your deserted street during the day.
For what reason, none of the shops are open besides the essentials.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
For what reason, none of the shops are open besides the essentials.
I was at Festival Mall yesterday, other than the optometrist (obvs, it was Sunday) and the bottle stores (PNP Liquor and Game Liquor) everything was open. On the way home a went past one of the many local shebeens and it was business as usual. Of course in Kempton we don't really give many ****s about what national government says.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I was at Festival Mall yesterday, other than the optometrist (obvs, it was Sunday) and the bottle stores (PNP Liquor and Game Liquor) everything was open. On the way home a went past one of the many local shebeens and it was business as usual. Of course in Kempton we don't really give many ****s about what national government says.
This morning I stopped at the Spar and the local chinese place was open, like whaaaat. It shouldn't be open as it doesn't have delivery.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
This morning I stopped at the Spar and the local chinese place was open, like whaaaat. It shouldn't be open as it doesn't have delivery.
Weirdly in Kempton, lots of the restaurants don't offer delivery, you can phone an order and go and collect. Upon doing just that a saw plenty of people drive up to the parking lot and a waitress simply bring them a menu, like an old fashioned roadhouse. I drove past several of those that were operating as usual as well.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Weirdly in Kempton, lots of the restaurants don't offer delivery, you can phone an order and go and collect. Upon doing just that a saw plenty of people drive up to the parking lot and a waitress simply bring them a menu, like an old fashioned roadhouse. I drove past several of those that were operating as usual as well.
That is a brilliant idea, it's like I'm still trying to figure out why they don't all do this or drivethrus.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Like hell is that going to happen!
No way will we even contemplate that for my aged mother in CT! They can forget it. We have already discussed this in the family. If this lot show up at my mom's house wanting to test her and my sister, they WILL NOT get access!
End of story!

LetsDance

Hospital for anyone asymptomatic in the western cape? Not many volunteers for that I guess :unsure:

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The cases are there in Gauteng, keep looking and they will grow:
The theatre complex closed for seven days as a precaution and will reopen this week, Sandile Mbele, Netcare regional director for the south west region, said.

Mbele added that Netcare could not disclose detailed information on Covid-19 cases in the group's hospitals, unless consent for this was given by the national Department of Health.

Additional measures include the testing of all who may have had contact with the affected staff members, 14 days of monitoring and self-isolation for nursing and support staff, as well as doctors, and re-testing once this quarantine period is completed.

Unfortunately, it has been shown that Covid-19 can be transmitted by carriers before they show symptoms that can be tested for, hence the decision to risk assess and screen staff and others working at the hospital every day. Where risk is indicated, testing is then undertaken to minimise the risk of Covid-19 spreading into our facility," he added.