Cream soda recipe change due to sugar tax

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
Had a Coca-Cola can the other day, had in small black bar with white writing on "Zero-Sugar". Usually it's Coke lite or Coke zero. Now it's the full name, Coca-Cola and hidden on the side, the fact that it's sugar free.
I noticed, cause I was offered a drink and asked for Coke lite and this was what they brought. Almost sent it back.

EDIT: Found a picture
View attachment 445602
Sneaky bastards.
They know there's still a massive aversion to suger free drinks.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I don't always drink soft drinks but when I do I drink the old sugar formula cream soda.

Aspartame and acesulfame k aren't good for you either.

I would have preferred to pay more for my once in a blue moon soft drink. I understand that this does not make any business sense.

I guess they won. I won't be drinking sodas anymore.
Ironically its healthy folk who opt for artificial sweeteners but it's the sugar consumers who are actually suffering from cancer and other deseases.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Had a Coca-Cola can the other day, had in small black bar with white writing on "Zero-Sugar". Usually it's Coke lite or Coke zero. Now it's the full name, Coca-Cola and hidden on the side, the fact that it's sugar free.
I noticed, cause I was offered a drink and asked for Coke lite and this was what they brought. Almost sent it back.
Coke light is the same just with gray where the black is. And normal coke is all red. Been like this since at least last year.

tRoN

Executive Member
There should be using stevia instead of aspartame

Oppiekoffie

Expert Member
thank you for this.
I always order Cream soda because I cant accidently get a zero/diet version that has Aspartame in. I am quite allergic.

well I suppose now I will be drinking water all the time.
Aspartame is ugly shlt. Now they've taken away sugar, a natural ingridient, and replaced it with poison because of governments. ffs

Oppiekoffie

Expert Member
Sugar is more poisonous than aspartame ..
Explain... Aspartame is an ingridient in rat poison. Can't see that sugar is worse. If on'es foolosih enough to take in too much sugar then you must suffer the consequences.

tRoN

Executive Member

VDMGC

Ugh.... I so wish people would stop saying sugar is bad. There are people that say red meat is bad, fish is bad, our air is bad, fruit is bad (Because it has sugar), brocoli (Not sure why, but will bet money someone will tell you its the gospel) is bad, beer is bad, cars are dangerous. One of these days we can only eat Chicken. And watch TV all day -ita also bad, but seemingly all anti sugar people that I know loves TV too much.

Maybe is we had less people thinking for other perfectly smart people, this world would be better.

As for me, i cant stand the new flavour. Its disprin with creme soda, disprin with lemon. disprin with ginger. Its disgusting. I dont even care about the health benifits. I dont want disprin with a braai!

waylander

Expert Member
Sugar isn't bad, but the over consumption of it, along with the diabetes is. So curbing consumption through taxation is needed.

Venomous

Honorary Master
Sugar isn't bad, but the over consumption of it, along with the diabetes is. So curbing consumption through taxation is needed.
But why do the manufacturers drop the sugar level AND the bottle sizes? Yes, even your 2L are going to drop in size. And the price remains the same.

Do note I drink fizz maybe 3 times a year.

waylander

Expert Member
But why do the manufacturers drop the sugar level AND the bottle sizes? Yes, even your 2L are going to drop in size. And the price remains the same.

Do note I drink fizz maybe 3 times a year.
Good, hope the prices go up further. Its time this country has positive change.