Cream soda recipe change due to sugar tax

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Had a Coca-Cola can the other day, had in small black bar with white writing on "Zero-Sugar". Usually it's Coke lite or Coke zero. Now it's the full name, Coca-Cola and hidden on the side, the fact that it's sugar free.
I noticed, cause I was offered a drink and asked for Coke lite and this was what they brought. Almost sent it back.

EDIT: Found a picture
View attachment 445602
I had Coke Zero during the weekend , damn aspartame taste was stuck in my mouth for hours

Last edited:

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Explain... Aspartame is an ingridient in rat poison. Can't see that sugar is worse. If on'es foolosih enough to take in too much sugar then you must suffer the consequences.
They have to make the rat poison palatable to the rats, they have to eat the poison for it to work :whistling:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Sugar in small or moderate amounts is not unhealthy.

Taking it in large amounts is.

So why do we who enjoy the odd fizzy drink (once a month) get punished for those who abuse their sugar intake?

This world has gone stark raving mad.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Sugar in small or moderate amounts is not unhealthy.

Taking it in large amounts is.

So why do we who enjoy the odd fizzy drink (once a month) get punished for those who abuse their sugar intake?

This world has gone stark raving mad.
It's almost impossible for the average person to have a moderate (Healthy) amount of sugar without a concerted effort. Sugar has creeped into almost every food.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Still makes the best Ice cream float ever ....
And actually tastes better now than it did in the past ....

Patrysie

I get the whole sugar is addictive and bad for you argument so lately I've been trying to cut down on sugar. Beverages with artificial sweeteners tastes awful to me though because they are too sweet and have an aftertaste I can't stand so I am trying to reduce my sugar intake without substituting it with artificial sweetener. I found that juices are easily diluted to a level that has half the sugar and still tastes good. I used to dilute Sprite with soda water to get the same effect but now Sprite also contain artificial sweetener. Even the Spar branded Sprite alternative has artificial sweetener in. Luckily I've found a soda drink that's not hyped up on sugar and coloring like all the other soda brands and bonus: it doesn't have artificial sweetener in it (yet?). I've only seen it once and it was a bit pricy but I thought I'd mention it here for those like me who loves soda drinks with less sugar. It's called Pura Soda. Here is a link to their site: https://purabeverageco.com
Hopefully the company can grow so consumers can have a better alternative to the usual range of artificial sweetener butchered unhealthy sugar sodas.

Sumen

Expert Member
Bought cream soda for the first time in like 10 years, never bought before because it had tartrazine, the new recipe doesn't have so tried it again and was shocked at how sweet it tasted thanks to the sweeteners, there was only little cream soda taste lingering in back

Last edited:

Arthur

Honorary Master
never bought before because it had tartazine
Read up on tartrazine.

When I was growing up it was one of many Frankenfoods (evil foods, additives and poisons added by evil profit-hungry corporations) that all knowledgeable and caring parents went to great lengths to avoid.

It turns out to be yet another food myth. These 'evil foods' myths sweep through our culture just as much today as in the past, thanks to the internet.

I feel really sorry for kids who have parents that buy into these myths. Reminds me of the poor guy at school who had birthday parties where the only eats were whole-earth organic-only chopped carrots, sliced vegetables and fruits. I don't think he ever recovered.

Last edited:

SAV

Looks like the recipe for Creme-Soda has changed again.
Non-nutritive sweeteners (Sodium Cyclamate, Sodium Saccharin).

It tastes a bit closer to the original, but obviously not the same.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I think Coca Cola can make Cream Soda taste exactly the same but choose not to.