Creator of Star Wars show described as 'gayest' ever reacts to backlash, calls criticism ‘reductive’

06437d7310c48a3fd10a7f0a0ccb1dec.gif

Me, living my best life, surfing the sweet, sweet tears of all the snowflakes triggered by "woke" Star Wars, The Boys and the Rings of Power.

What a shallow useless life you have.

You praise and get off on crap story writing because the real fans don't like crap agenda-driven writing.

Get a life, seriously.

I really enjoyed Andor, but Mandalorian became to much about seriously contrived side-missions, that overshadowed the core reason of the show. But, that's just me.
Ja I lost interest in Mandalorian toward the end & it had it's weak moments but the first two seasons had some really cool moments of storytelling.

This little bit tells you so much about Kuiil and IG-11 and makes you care about them:

When Kuiil dies the camera doesn't cut away to a comedic moment the way recent movies do...the camera just lingers on the death and fades to black.

This scene with the change in music (that kinda Pink Floyd guitar riff) when the Madalorian saves the kid is so good.

Star Wars, like anything else has just given into wokeness. They focus 1% on storyline and what originally pulled the fans and made it a cult following, and now focus 99% on how do we include every possible sexual, color, race, pronoun and orientation possible.

Its why most of what Disney is producing these days is trash.

The amount of crying over a series. Felt like just the other day when Andor was being praised (it's my favourite Star Wars thing, I cba with any of the movies) and even Mandalorian was loved. Then this comes along and all of a sudden Star Wars is over. Grow up.

Disney has been objectively hit-and-miss with Star Wars.

Rogue One, Andor and the first season of The Mandalorian were hits. Even Solo wasn't too bad.

But the rest has been a miss.

Last edited:
its a show like any other, some people will like it, some will hate it, and disney will keep raking in the cash for the Mouse empire.
personally, liked boba fett, mandalorian and the bad batch, as they stood out as their own series, and wouldn't have happened if Disney hadn't brought lucasfilm.

so to answer your criticism @rvZA , thank Disney for buying lucasfilm and giving us all these expanded universe things, otherwise you'd be READING star wars comics instead of watching them.

its a show like any other, some people will like it, some will hate it, and disney will keep raking in the cash for the Mouse empire.
personally, liked boba fett, mandalorian and the bad batch, as they stood out as their own series, and wouldn't have happened if Disney hadn't brought lucasfilm.

so to answer your criticism @rvZA , thank Disney for buying lucasfilm and giving us all these expanded universe things, otherwise you'd be READING star wars comics instead of watching them.

No thank you. What you are watching today has nothing to do with Star Wars. Even if you may think it has. Like I said before, there were only 3 movies in the whole Star Wars saga. If you have watched them, you have watched Star Wars.

No thank you. What you are watching today has nothing to do with Star Wars. Even if you may think it has. Like I said before, there were only 3 movies in the whole Star Wars saga. If you have watched them, you have watched Star Wars.
disagree there as how long did we wait between the end of the last official star wars in the 70's and phantom menace?
quite a few years, and we only got all the recent things because Disney brought lucasfilm,

either you enjoy it or you dont, if not ,no biggie, plenty do, you just got to pick what you like, and call it a day.

disagree there as how long did we wait between the end of the last official star wars in the 70's and phantom menace?
quite a few years, and we only got all the recent things because Disney brought lucasfilm,

either you enjoy it or you dont, if not ,no biggie, plenty do, you just got to pick what you like, and call it a day.

Agreed, at the end of the day, each to their own.

Lucas chose to do 4-6 because the technology wasn't there to do 1-3. Vader's reveal as Luke's father wouldn't have been the big shock it was then. There were huge back stories to be told with 1-3, surely you can see that.

Let them do what they want, it's their money and decisions.

People always vote with their wallets at the end of the day.

For those that don't know - in Revenge of the Sith, there were parts left out of the final cut in which Anakin is led to believe by Palpatine that Obi-Wan was having relations with Padme.

That is also why Anakin had such an emotional reaction and turn to the dark side, as he thought his best friend and master and his wife had betrayed him.

They really should have included that in the final cut as it made so much more sense of his hate for Obi-Wan and initial reaction of betrayal when he force-held Padme when Obi-Wan came off the ship on Mustafar.

Let them do what they want, it's their money and decisions.

People always vote with their wallets at the end of the day.
this, some of it is shameless cash grab, but some of it tells meaningful stories nobody knew about,
I mean I found star wars DROIDS interesting, as besides R2 and threepio being side characters, that had their own adventures.
between when we last saw them,

I mean if clone wars is to be considered canon, R2 actually recognized Yoda, and it has a pleasing circularity to it,
as R2 served all the way from Anakin through to Luke and onwards to the new generation of skywalkers.

I mean there has to be Hundreds of R2 units, but this particular one served all this time without a memory wipe.
I mean its like some kind of dog that never gets old,

Disney is a glaring exmple of the "Go woke, go broke" syndrome that started to affect big corps from the 2020's.

In 2021, Disney's Stock price was ~$200 per share.
Now in 2024 it is almost 50% devalued at ~$102 per share.

Their target audience is just a few % (LGBT) with their new strategies in their film releases. Do they expect the 90+% of "Ordinary" people to be happy and indulge in their fetishes? People just cancelled their subscriptions and visits to their Theme Parks etc.

The problem with The Acolyte isn't that it is the "gayest", but that it is the worst written script and acting in Star Wars IP history.

And what about that Jedi with the force-barrier that drank the poison (can someone tell me why he done that please...), his fake beard was the worst I've seen in a long time.

Even Emergency Awesome is like WTF? Paul Tassi's relentless attack on some people within the Star Wars audience is dumb. I do watch the core critique, and it is not directed at LGBT and its broadened inclusion.

Yes, there are arseholes and discriminatory idiots (even amongst the trolls) on the internet, but they don't represent the 'core' audience.

From both sides, the social dynamics are being exploited and thoroughly abused. Yes, some content creators are cashing in on this, and it so happens to be Pride month. Just don't attack the people who care about the IP: everyone has a right to critique.

Back