Cricket: South Africa tour of Pakistan 2021

Big Rat

Ab is a funny one for me. Always scored massive in the groups. But when there was pressure in the quarter or semi's he always failed. I do not recall once where he came good in a critical match.
So him being there or not there, makes no difference to me.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
I'm saying our 2019 team was not in contention for the World Cup with AB or without him. We were (and still are) behind the top teams in the format.
We are way behind in terms of how we play the game...but then again... dont get me started on how the game is played... ODI cricket that is.

Pakistan 145/3 - i havent seen much of todays play except the 1st wicket which was lovely to watch. From what i see... is this track gonna be a bunsen burner?

Reactions: 3WA

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
Being suspended is not the same as picking and choosing, unless you are going to claim warnie planned to get suspended.. When has Virat picked county over country? He has never played for any team outside India never been a schedule conflict.

The only players to exhibit this mercenary trait is some of the west indians and one ABDV.
That's why for me he will never measure up to smith,kallis and amla. He may have been a better player but he lacked the character they had. Cricket is a team game, abd played for abd.
Couldnt have put it better

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

stefan9

Executive Member
We are way behind in terms of how we play the game...but then again... dont get me started on how the game is played... ODI cricket that is.

Pakistan 145/3 - i havent seen much of todays play except the 1st wicket which was lovely to watch. From what i see... is this track gonna be a bunsen burner?
Pitch is very slow. Wouldn't say bunsen burner but pitch will spin quite a bit on day 4 & 5.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Official word on Linde: No fracture reported on x-ray.
Laceration was sutured and protective strapping applied. The medical team will assess how he manages aspects of play from this point onwards.

JohnMao

Executive Member
Being suspended is not the same as picking and choosing, unless you are going to claim warnie planned to get suspended.. When has Virat picked county over country? He has never played for any team outside India never been a schedule conflict.

The only players to exhibit this mercenary trait is some of the west indians and one ABDV.
That's why for me he will never measure up to smith,kallis and amla. He may have been a better player but he lacked the character they had. Cricket is a team game, abd played for abd.
This is how you sum up things in a nutshell. I started to feel uncomfortable when he took a break but put that down to him needing just that.
With him retiring out of the blue so suddenly I lost all respect for him. Enjoy him batting in IPL and that's all. Nothing more. For me this ruined his legacy, and keeping quiet for so long when that rumour started about him not being selected (in spite of NOT fulfilling any requirements CSA asked of him which weren't exhorbitant) killed it all for me.

JuliusSeizure

Expert Member
Virat's chosen county over country in the past hasn't he?

Pretty sure the India fanbase would have not reacted well to this.

The fan bases outside SA are less PC and polite than us so AB likely would have got worse treatment.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Stumps With the ground not fit to play, stumps has been called in Rawalpindi. That's the first day dusted then - with two vividly different sessions in play. The first one was all South Africa, with three early wickets, two to Maharaj and one to Nortje. The second session was all Pakistan, with Fawad Alam moving towards yet another fifty-plus score and Babar Azam en route to his century. The two have batted for over 43 overs, scoring 123 runs, and will look to build on that when day two begins tomorrow. A total of 32 overs were lost today, and to make that up, we'll start play early tomorrow (and maybe even over the next few days). For now, first ball is at 9.45am local on day two, so join us thirty minutes before that to join our coverage.

ShloshMalosh

Expert Member
SA had the 1st session, Pakistan hit back after lunch, and were looking like they would take the 3rd session, and the day.

So a reprive for the tired SA Bowlers.

Hopefully the pitch sweats some and we can capitalise in the morning. Linde hasnt come back on yet so we might be a bowler short.