Cricket: South Africa tour of Pakistan 2021

Dan C

Honorary Master

SA 84/1

Day 3: Tea Break - South Africa trail by 74 runs

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Stat alert Aiden Markram's is the first fifty by a South Africa opener in the second innings of a Test match in Asia since Hashim Amla's 62 against Pakistan in 2010, in Abu Dhabi. For a fifty-plus score by a regular South Africa opener in the second innings of a Test in Asia, one has to go back further by two and a half years and a bit. Neil McKenzie made an unbeaten 155 in Chennai in March 2008, on a pitch where nearly 1500 runs were scored for the fall of just 25 wickets in the match. Overall, Markram's is only the 14th fifty-plus score by a South Africa opener in the second innings of a Test in Asia.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Well played Aiden & rassie. This effort shows character.
Happy to see the 2 of them playing test cricket!! This is test cricket! We become so conditioned by T20, ODI etc that we forget what is an acceptable pace to be batting at in test cricket. 2.2 per over is fine if you not losing wickets and consolidating from a vulnerable position.

JohnStarr

Expert Member
They need to continue digging deeper here. Not far off making Pakistan bat again. I'd say chasing 200 will be very tough on this pitch!
Hope Elgar is OK. That bang on the hand looked to be on the side of his little finger and that's not a good place to take a hit!

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Happy to see the 2 of them playing test cricket!! This is test cricket! We become so conditioned by T20, ODI etc that we forget what is an acceptable pace to be batting at in test cricket. 2.2 per over is fine if you not losing wickets and consolidating from a vulnerable position.

Yeah agreed. Nice to see some old fashioned grit and grind for a change. Real challenge for the batsmen with this ball reversing.

sand_man

Honorary Master

Dan C

Honorary Master
another bad decision by the umpire... second good review by Rassie

Looks like Pakistan will have to bat again :p

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
another bad decision by the umpire... second good review by Rassie

Looks like Pakistan will have to bat again :p

I think the fact that it didn't bounce likely contributed to the decision. At first shout it looked quite close. Even on replay you could see a bit of leg stump. I thought it was going to clipping at worst, so glad it went Rassie's way. A good review indeed.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Umpiring has been crap!! They becoming redundant! Just use the tech every time and f uck the umpire...

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
What a game! Both glad I am missing it live as my BP wouldn't cope but disapointed as well that I can only follow online. Anything but boring

sand_man

Honorary Master
17/3... decision referred. And over turned 17/2... another stinker from the umpire.

L-Dog

Expert Member
FFS not sending a night watchmen in is basics is CSA making the calls?